The official "I was wrong" thread.

Grayvol

Oldtimer
An opportunity to man up, and even laugh at yourself a little. With so much change in the last few years, there should be many opportunities. Ex: I was wrong; Tyler Bray never had a chance at the Heisman, even with Son of a Dooley at the helm.

Reactions: 3 people
this is stupid, with good coaches and a good head on his shoulder, he absolutely had the talent to be up for the Heisman. Hell, after Week 1, he actually was on the finalist list. Now we all know his head was, well no one knows where his head was, but it wasnt in the right place, but he definitely has the talent

Reactions: 7 people
I think you should continue to release your wrong demons. I think you need to expound on your feelings of "said wrongs" because there are many. BUT for now let's just concentrate on how you were wrong and how now, you feel about being wrong... ?

I used to wonder what Cutcliff could've done with bray had he still been with the vols. then it became clear that bray only listens to bray...

Reactions: 3 people
You know the saying "why buy the cow if your getting the milk for free"? Man I was wrong, bought the cow and gettin' no milk!

Reactions: 4 people
this is stupid, with good coaches and a good head on his shoulder, he absolutely had the talent to be up for the Heisman.

That's debatable. I think you're confusing a strong arm with overall talent. Bray sometimes put up gaudy numbers in an offense that passed a lot, and rarely by choice.

He only had offers from UT and a couple of mid-majors coming out of high school, and three years of college resulted in an undrafted free agent deal. If he is so incredibly talented, it's amazing that so many people whose jobs revolve around identifying talent keep passing on him.

Amen. And I still want someone to prove me right. I guess to build a team around a good guy.

That's debatable. I think you're confusing a strong arm with overall talent. Bray sometimes put up gaudy numbers in an offense that passed a lot, and rarely by choice.

He only had offers from UT and a couple of mid-majors coming out of high school, and three years of college resulted in an undrafted free agent deal. If he is so incredibly talented, it's amazing that so many people whose jobs revolve around identifying talent keep passing on him.

Go back to the Bama boards and fondle your cousins....

Reactions: 15 people
I'm not saying Bray is going to be amazing in the NFL, but there have been plenty of players that have either gone undrafted or were drafted very late in the draft that turned out to be some of the best players in the NFL. Examples: Tom Brady and Arian Foster.

Reactions: 1 person
1) I was wrong, Tee Martin wasn't taking the job.
2) I was wrong, Jay Graham %$^**&^&** :(
3) I was wrong, I thought Sal would be good (until the season started)
4) I was wrong I didn't think this recruiting class would be so BOOMABLE this early

Reactions: 2 people
A few years back, I thought Mike Hamilton was a good choice to replace Dickey as AD, waaaaaaay off on that one.

I'm not saying Bray is going to be amazing in the NFL, but there have been plenty of players that have either gone undrafted or were drafted very late in the draft that turned out to be some of the best players in the NFL. Examples: Tom Brady and Arian Foster.

Bray doesn't want to be great, because If he did he wouldn't be telling people he didn't give his all. I mean just lie to us Bray or something. Totally buffoon and Gruden exposed him on ESPN that lead to him going undrafted.

VN Store

Back