The official "I was wrong" thread.

That's debatable. I think you're confusing a strong arm with overall talent. Bray sometimes put up gaudy numbers in an offense that passed a lot, and rarely by choice.

He only had offers from UT and a couple of mid-majors coming out of high school, and three years of college resulted in an undrafted free agent deal. If he is so incredibly talented, it's amazing that so many people whose jobs revolve around identifying talent keep passing on him.

Arian Foster says hey, ppl make mistakes

I gave up on Dooley and Bray after having to sit through that miserable Florida game. That game just set the tone for the whole 2012 season.

I hoped, I hoped all year, and before the game even started I knew deep down inside Vandy was going to beat us but I just didn't want to believe it. When that final whistle blew I finally saw it. I could see it all, everything was so clear to me then. I really was in denial! I had a problem and I needed help! At first I was lead be believe my help was going to come from Gruden. Ultimately, Butch Jones would be the chosen one. While my full recovery is yet to be determined, here's to hoping. :toast:

They were wrong about Gruden.

Reactions: 1 person
I hoped, I hoped all year, and before the game even started I knew deep down inside Vandy was going to beat us but I just didn't want to believe it. When that final whistle blew I finally saw it. I could see it all, everything was so clear to me then. I really was in denial! I had a problem and I needed help! At first I was lead be believe my help was going to come from Gruden. Ultimately, Butch Jones would be the chosen one. While my full recovery is yet to be determined, here's to hoping. :toast:

They were wrong about Gruden.

Miss St did it for me...

I gave Dools the benefit of doubt way to often. Watching BJ embrace UT as the great school that it is, makes me angry that Dools didnt take advantage of it the way he should have.

I was wrong about Tyler Brays draft status.....

and was wrong about Dooley beating Mizoo, Vandy and Kentucky to finish the season.

There I said it

I gave Dooley too many chances and excuses. I was wrong.

I said Gruden was not going to be our next coach...Jury may still be out according to some on this board

An opportunity to man up, and even laugh at yourself a little. With so much change in the last few years, there should be many opportunities. Ex: I was wrong; Tyler Bray never had a chance at the Heisman, even with Son of a Dooley at the helm.

If I felt the need to "man up" about something, It would certainly something bigger than admitting I was wrong about something associated with Tennessee football......

However, I did lose a $100 bet to my friend because I bet him back in August that Dooley would not be fired at the end of this year. So, I was wrong.

VN Store

Back