The Official Kentucky @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. 5/12 6:30PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. 5/13 Noon EST SEC Network) (Sun. 5/14 1PM EST SEC NET+)

Is it generally believed that 14 SEC wins is what is needed to get in the NCAA? If it is, and with the way we've played on the road, we just about have to win this series. I'm nervous, I won't lie. Kentucky feels like a very tough matchup.

Is it generally believed that 14 SEC wins is what is needed to get in the NCAA? If it is, and with the way we've played on the road, we just about have to win this series. I'm nervous, I won't lie. Kentucky feels like a very tough matchup.
I’d be thrilled to find a way to win the last 2 SEC series and go 4-2. It would be great momentum going into postseason and winning at SC would be a huge confidence boost.

Kentucky Wildcats
RGBFKQ6VONEQDCZPQQGQSJQMUA.jpg

@
The Big Orange
6420a33b3627e.image.jpg

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Hosting its final regular-season weekend series on Rocky Top, the No. 11 Tennessee Volunteers welcome the No. 15 Kentucky Wildcats to Lindsey Nelson Stadium on Friday night before matinee games on both Saturday and Sunday.

Tennessee (33-16, 12-12 SEC) has been very strong at home this season, earning its 30th victory in 34 home games on Tuesday. The Vols will have a strong test coming to town as Kentucky (34-13, 14-10 SEC) currently ranks as the top RPI team in the country entering the weekend.

GAMEDAY INFORMATION
For the most updated gameday information related to Tennessee baseball, please visit our Gameday Central page by clicking HERE. The baseball Gameday Central page contains info in regard to tickets, parking, stadium policies and more.

TICKET INFORMATION
Season and single-game tickets for all remaining home contests are SOLD OUT. Limited standing room only tickets will go on sale for all games two hours prior to first pitch at the Lindsey Nelson Stadium ticket office.

Single-game tickets for all games can also be purchased through Ticketmaster, the exclusive resale marketplace for Tennessee Athletics, by clicking HERE.

In order to keep Lindsey Nelson Stadium as full as possible, we are encouraging season ticket holders who are unable to use their tickets for a game(s) to transfer your tickets to someone else (Instructions HERE).

BROADCAST INFO
The games on Saturday will be televised on SEC Network with Clay Matvick (PxP) and Kyle Peterson (Analyst) calling the action.

The games on Friday and Sunday will be streamed on SEC Network+ with Bob Kesling (PxP) and VFL Cody Hawn (Analyst) on the call.

The broadcasts can also be accessed on any mobile device through WatchESPN. WatchESPN can be accessed through the ESPN App, or online at espn.com/watch.

Fans can also listen to the Voice of Tennessee Baseball, John Wilkerson, and Vince Ferrara call the action on the Vol Network (FM 99.1/AM 990) or via a free audio stream on UTSports.com and the Tennessee Athletics Gameday App.

WEEKEND SCHEDULE/PROJECTED STARTING PITCHERS
Game 1 – Friday, May 12 (6:30 p.m. ET)

RHP Andrew Lindsey (0-2, 3.02 ERA) vs. RHP Travis Smith (4-1, 3.62 ERA)

Game 2 – Saturday, May 13 (Noon ET) [SEC Network]
RHP Chase Dollander (5-5, 4.26 ERA) vs. LHP Tyler Bosma (4-3, 5.04)

Game 3 – Sunday, May 12 (1 p.m. ET)
RHP Drew Beam (6-3, 3.97 ERA) vs. RHP Zack Lee (4-2, 3.54)

SERIES HISTORY
Overall: Tennessee leads, 179-154
In Knoxville: Tennessee leads, 101-71
In Lexington: Kentucky leads, 81-74
at Neutral Sites: Tennessee leads, 4-2
Last 10 Meetings: Tennessee leads, 4-2
Last Meeting: W, 12-2 (May 28, 2022, in Hoover, Ala.)

NOTABLE
VOLS SET FOR ANOTHER TOP-25 BATTLE

This weekend will be Tennessee's sixth weekend series against a ranked opponent this season. The Big Orange have won two series against top-25 teams this year, sweeping then No. 12 Texas A&M (3/24-3/26) and then No. 2 Vanderbilt (4/21-4/23). UT is 8-7 overall against ranked teams this season with a 7-2 record vs. top-25 teams at home.

MOORE IS MASHING
Sophomore second baseman Christian Moore has been on a tear at the plate, belting six homers in a four-game stretch from April 28-May 5.

Moore had two, two-homer games in that stretch after going deep twice in wins over Mississippi State (4/29) and Georgia (5/5). Over the last 10 games, the Brooklyn, N.Y., native is batting .378 and ranks third on the team with 14 hits. His 12 RBIs rank second in that stretch while his six homers and .946 slugging percentage lead the team.

SEC SWEEPS
Tennessee recorded its sixth weekend series sweep of the season (third in SEC play) after taking all three games from Mississippi State two weekends ago at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

In just the four-plus seasons under head coach Tony Vitello that have featured SEC games (no SEC games in 2020 due to COVID-19), Tennessee has recorded 13 series sweeps in league play.

Prior to Vitello taking over as head coach in 2018, the Vols recorded just 12 series sweeps in conference play from 2003-2017, a span of 15 seasons.

OPPONENT SCOUT
Kentucky Wildcats

• 2023 Record: 34-13 (14-10 SEC)
  • 2022 Record: 33-26 (12-18 SEC)
  • 2022 Postseason: none
  • 2023 SEC Preseason Poll: 6th in Eastern Division
  • Head Coach: Nick Mingione (7th season)
  • Stat Leaders:
    • Average: Jackson Gray (.372)
    • OBP: Jackson Gray (.532)
    • SLG: Hunter Gilliam (.600)
    • OPS: Jackson Gray (1.129)
    • Hits: Jackson Gray, Hunter Gilliam (61)
    • Runs: Jackson Gray (59)
    • RBIs: Hunter Gilliam (60)
    • Doubles: 3 tied (13)
    • Triples: Jackson Gray (6)
    • Home Runs: Hunter Gilliam (10)
    • Stolen Bases: Jackson Gray (17)
    • ERA: Mason Moore (2.48)
    • BAA: Mason Moore (.170)
    • WHIP: Darren Williams (1.13)
    • Innings Pitched: Zack Lee (53.1)
    • Strikeouts: Zack Lee (55)
    • Wins: Zack Lee, Travis Smith (4)
    • Saves: Mason Moore (4)
GAME PROMOTIONS
Gameday promotions for all Tennessee athletics home events can be found on the UT Fan Experience page by clicking HERE.

Fans are encouraged to download the My All App for their phones and devices this season. The app is available on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store and will allow fans to participate in in-game trivia, the custom filter selfie cam and more throughout the year.

FRIDAY SEC BLOCK PARTIES
This week's block party will take place on Friday night, prior to Game 2 of the series. Gates will open at 4 p.m. for ticketed fans on Pat Head Summitt Street. The area will only be accessible for fans with tickets to Friday's game.

Friday's SEC Block Parties will feature music, giveaways, face painting, food/beverage options, VolShop sales locations and Vol Network sponsor activations. Additionally, VFL Sterl the Pearl will join to add to the electricity in Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

Food, drink, and anything else acquired at the block party can be brought inside the stadium. Gates 10A and 11 will be open for fans to use to enter the stadium. Fans may come and go from stadium to the block party as they please.

ON DECK
Tennessee has its final home game of the 2023 regular season, facing Belmont on Senior Day at 6:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 16, at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

Matchup info updated

Is weather going to be an issue this series?

Wet at times, but fairly warm temperatures.

To quote Pat Summitt, "Time for our buttercups to toughen up."

The pitchers will be fine. At home, they are nasty.

The batters need to watch Dickey. It can be raining buckets, the umpire can call a pitch that bounces on the plate a strike, and he still just knocks the crappola outta one. Left hander, righter hander, uni-hander, pitching...Jared never even flinches.

Let her rip, tater chip!

Wet at times, but fairly warm temperatures.

To quote Pat Summitt, "Time for our buttercups to toughen up."

The pitchers will be fine. At home, they are nasty.

The batters need to watch Dickey. It can be raining buckets, the umpire can call a pitch that bounces on the plate a strike, and he still just knocks the crappola outta one. Left hander, righter hander, uni-hander, pitching...Jared never even flinches.

Let her rip, tater chip!
This bunch hadn't had a lot of time in the spotlight and it doesn't shine any brighter than the SEC. Growing pains. That's what this season has been. Because of that along with some other things...cough, cough...defense....I think our pitching has been impacted. We have the ability in all phases. We shouldn't be intimidated by the situation anymore so the big question is can we put it all together over the final couple of weeks of the season and hit the post season in stride? Taking that next step on the road vs UGA would have been huge, but we just didn't get it done. Now we really need at least a series win vs UK. Can't lose this series. Just can't.

Kiki Milloy hit a pitch in the SEC tourney. Crushed it with a great looking, swing. Deep over center field. Tennessee fans got the ball

Good start on the day. Let's hope they play again tonight. Up 0-3 in the 3rd over Florid.

Ladies play Super Region Tennis this afternoon at Texas A&M

I hope baseball game on Saturday has wrapped up in time to see men's tennis at 3 in their super region against South Carolina

I have a good, but very busy, weekend. I can’t make the games unfortunately (but Vol fans have my tickets).

I am not a superstitious person at all, but I do repeat things for good luck🙂. So, if anyone would like to pick me up and post like the one below this weekend from the view from their own seats, feel free to do so.

IMG_8821.jpeg

VN Store

Back