The Official Michael Cohen Testimony Thread

Tired of re-litigating this BS.

We'll just boot the Orange Menace from office in November.

Trump train coming to its rightful destination...

View attachment 299884

Thank god! I’m so tired of solid policies like criminal justice reform, taking action on police brutality, economic opportunity zones that have put billions into black communities, the right to try act, etc

Edit: I almost forgot one of the most important ones. He ended Obama’s poverty taxes that fined people for their inability to afford health insurance

Last edited:
Thank god! I’m so tired of solid policies like criminal justice reform, taking action on police brutality, economic opportunity zones that have put billions into black communities, the right to try act, etc

Edit: I almost forgot one of the most important ones. He ended Obama’s poverty taxes that fined people for their inability to afford health insurance

b810500927cd9429b2c18e10329a6a66.jpeg

Reactions: luthervol
1974 DOJ directive, president can't self pardon.

As I read up on the topic, it's not so cut and dry. His ability to do so remains open to debate among legal scholars, as it's never been tested. If someone were to actually pull the trigger here, that would be Trump.

Pure revisionist history on your part.

1. Criminal justice reform.

Republicans Are Trying to Rewrite Obama’s Record on Criminal Justice Reform

2. Police brutality.

You're joking right? I mean, you're talking about Donald Trump - the same guy who has incited physical violence at his own rallies. George Floyd.

All the times Trump has called for violence at his rallies

3. Economic opportunity zones.

Opportunity zones are just an opportunity for the rich to gentrify poor neighborhoods

4. ACA's individual mandate is still being litigated in courts, so your declaration of an end to "Obama's poverty taxes" is premature.

Pure revisionist history on your part.

1. Criminal justice reform.

Republicans Are Trying to Rewrite Obama’s Record on Criminal Justice Reform

2. Police brutality.

You're joking right? I mean, you're talking about Donald Trump - the same guy who has incited physical violence at his own rallies. George Floyd.

All the times Trump has called for violence at his rallies

3. Economic opportunity zones.

Opportunity zones are just an opportunity for the rich to gentrify poor neighborhoods

4. ACA's individual mandate is still being litigated in courts, so your declaration of an end to "Obama's poverty taxes" is premature.

1. When you mention Obama’s record on criminal justice reform, what record? Did he pass some legislation I’m missing.

2. Yes. Obama did next to nothing regarding police brutality. At a minimum trump issued an executive order. Obama merely virtue signaled. And after watching the George Floyd video, it seems he’s more a victim of his own poor decisions (refusing to get into a cop car because he was drugged out of his mind).

3. Gentrification is merely proof the left wants to keep black America in poverty. You attempt to raise property values to help them and their schools and somehow that’s still evil. Only the left would consider minority wealth to be a negative.

4. It’s not premature. No one has been fined for a few years now. That’s a good thing. It’s hilarious that you’re hoping your poverty tax holds up.

View attachment 300103
There is a pardoner and a pardonee. They can't be one and the same.

Keep in mind here that it's Trump, himself, who says he has the right to self-pardon.

IMO, he does not. But, it's untested law. Period.

Per the Brookings Institute:

The things you need to know:
  • President Trump has made the claim that he has the power of self-pardon.
  • The text and spirit of the Constitution strongly suggest the contrary.
  • Ever since the Constitution was written, it’s been recognized that the president’s power of pardon is broad, but not so broad as to allow him to pardon himself.
  • This idea stems from a legal principal established over three centuries ago in Anglo-American law. That rule is that no person may be a judge in his or her own case.
  • The last time this issue was floated was right before the resignation of President Richard Nixon. The Department of Justice wrote that a president may not pardon himself.
  • This DOJ opinion is not binding in the courts. But the reasoning of the opinion—centering on this principal that no person may be a judge in his or her own case—is compelling.
  • If such a self-pardon were issued, it could be challenged in court as an abuse of the Constitution, a violation of the pardon power, and not valid. The courts would likely follow the reasoning of the Office of Legal Counsel that a president may not issue a self-pardon.

1. When you mention Obama’s record on criminal justice reform, what record? Did he pass some legislation I’m missing.

2. Yes. Obama did next to nothing regarding police brutality. At a minimum trump issued an executive order. Obama merely virtue signaled. And after watching the George Floyd video, it seems he’s more a victim of his own poor decisions (refusing to get into a cop car because he was drugged out of his mind).

3. Gentrification is merely proof the left wants to keep black America in poverty. You attempt to raise property values to help them and their schools and somehow that’s still evil. Only the left would consider minority wealth to be a negative.

4. It’s not premature. No one has been fined for a few years now. That’s a good thing. It’s hilarious that you’re hoping your poverty tax holds up.

So short-sighted.

How exactly would "Economic Opportunity Zones" raise property values without harming the very occupants of projects and other low-rent areas? Are you suggesting that the rich swooping in and fixing the place up is going to result in some sort of godsend to poor people? In reality, the exact opposite would occur.

So short-sighted.

How exactly would "Economic Opportunity Zones" raise property values without harming the very occupants of projects and other low-rent areas? Are you suggesting that the rich swooping in and fixing the place up is going to result in some sort of godsend to poor people? In reality, the exact opposite would occur.

If they’re in the projects they’re obviously not harmed because the government is paying a large amount of their rent.

What I am suggesting is that close to 50% of black Americans are home owners. And the rich investing in those neighborhoods not only will improve the schools but will also create wealth for those homeowners.

But I know you’d rather just complain about that no one builds anything but liquor stores and paydays loan offices, while simultaneously being upset if anyone builds anything other than liquor stores or payday lenders

Judge Rules Trump Company Will Not Have to Pay Michael Cohen’s Legal Bills

Former President Donald Trump’s company will not have to pay legal bills incurred by his former lawyer, Michael Cohen, who went to prison after pleading guilty to tax and additional crimes.

A judge in New York made the ruling on Friday, the Associated Press (AP) reported.

Judge Rules Trump Company Will Not Have to Pay Cohen's Legal Bills

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
A federal judge has ordered Michael Cohen’s former attorney to explain where he came up with the court cases cited in Cohen’s request for early termination of supervised release, saying as far as the judge can tell “none of these cases exist.”

Judge Jesse Furman instructed Cohen’s former attorney David Schwartz to provide by December 19 copies of the court decisions he cited and what role, if any, Cohen had in drafting or reviewing the motion before it was filed. The judge also told the attorney that if he is unable to provide the opinions that he should explain why he shouldn’t be sanctioned.

“As far as the Court can tell, none of these cases exist,” the judge wrote.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - OCTOBER 25:  Former President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen arrives with his attorney Danya Perry at Trump's civil fraud trial at New York State Supreme Court on October 25, 2023 in New York City. Trump may be forced to sell off his properties after Justice Arthur Engoron canceled his business certificates and ruled that he committed fraud for years while building his real estate empire after being sued by Attorney General Letitia James, seeking $250 million in damages. The trial will determine how much he and his companies will be penalized for the fraud. (Photo by Spencer Platt/Pool/Getty Images)

“Moreover, the Court contacted the Clerk of the Court for the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, who found no record of any of the three decisions and reported that the one listed docket number (for Ortiz) is not a valid docket number,” Furman added.

The judge also noted that Cohen’s new lawyer Danya Perry told him that she also could not verify those court cases.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/13/politics/michael-cohen-former-attorney-cases/index.html

I thought Obama turned over the big penile system decisions over to Michelle. Takes big balls to handle that.

VN Store

Back