The Official MiLB Thread

Didn't even realize a former Vol played for the Savannah Sand Gnats....Blake Forsythe

Ill be keeping a close eye on my boy Oscar taveras in the afl. Guy is gonna be so cash.

Excited for the AFL.

Harper and Trout on the same team.

Anthony Gose of the Blue Jays with 2 HRs in two days. He has crazy tools, plus plus plus speed, great defender, and the power is starting to show. Only thing that needs work is cutting down on the K's and he could be very special.

154 Ks last season isn't pretty, but 70 steals is pretty wild. Still insane to me that Billy Hamilton stole 103.

This can be our AFL thread

How did Gilmartin do?

And Hultzen has a chance to be pretty good, especially in Seattle.

Not to well. 3 IP, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K.

I thought Hultzen was a bit of an overdraft, but he should be solid and possibly in Seattle by the trade deadline.

I definitely don't think he was the 2nd best player in the draft. But I think they just wanted a sure thing who could make it to the majors fairly quickly. Granted, Bauer could've been that.

I thought Rendon would've been good for them, but he does have injury concerns.

Neil Ramirez is having a good game so far. 2 IP, 2 Ks, 0 H. Underrated pitcher for Texas.

I thought Rendon would've been good for them, but he does have injury concerns.

Neil Ramirez is having a good game so far. 2 IP, 2 Ks, 0 H. Underrated pitcher for Texas.

I saw Ramirez pitch in Hickory some. Try to go to a few Crawdaddies games every year.

And I am very glad that the Nationals got quite possibly the best college player in the draft. Loved it.

Welcome to pro ball Danny

Surprise Bottom of the 2nd
Joe Terdoslavich doubles (1) on a pop up to shortstop Nick Franklin.
With Mikie Mahtook batting, wild pitch by Dan Hultzen, Joe Terdoslavich to 3rd.
With Mikie Mahtook batting, wild pitch by Dan Hultzen, Joe Terdoslavich scores.
Mikie Mahtook walks.

Welcome to pro ball Danny

Surprise Bottom of the 2nd
Joe Terdoslavich doubles (1) on a pop up to shortstop Nick Franklin.
With Mikie Mahtook batting, wild pitch by Dan Hultzen, Joe Terdoslavich to 3rd.
With Mikie Mahtook batting, wild pitch by Dan Hultzen, Joe Terdoslavich scores.
Mikie Mahtook walks.

Haha. Wow, really?

Forgot Mahtook was a Ray.

Former Smokies pitcher Trey McNutt with 3 scoreless and hitless inngings today. He's a good one.

Hultzen's day is done. 2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K and those two WPs.

Last edited:
If you never have been to Smokies Park, go. It's beautiful.

Not minor league, but I will be going to watch some excellent high school baseball in Charlotte tonight. Arkansas commit and likely 2-3 round pick Ty Buttrey on the mound for Providence. Kid is good.

VN Store

Back