The Official MiLB Thread

Saw a Greensboro Grasshopper game last week. Very nice minor league park.

Not even close.

I think people would be surprised at the level of play even at the low A level. There are some projects out there from time to time and pitchers with command issues, but most of what I've seen has been good, clean baseball.

Saw a Greensboro Grasshopper game last week. Very nice minor league park.

idk if i've been there. if it's the same place they do the ACC tourney in greensboro i liked it a lot.

I need to go to a Sounds game this year to see the big guitar one more time. As much of a dump as Greer Stadium is and as much as I'm looking forward to the new Sounds ballpark, part of me is going to miss that place. Lots of fond memories of many summer nights spent there.

The Sounds, now an A's affiliate are unveiling a new logo and color scheme. Not sure they thought the color scheme through.

Attachments

• Article_Logo_3_pym0svps_9bi1h9wp.jpg
    Article_Logo_3_pym0svps_9bi1h9wp.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1
I'm a fan of the Mississippi and Gwinnett Braves. Mississippi wont be as good this season because their good players will probably be going to Gwinnett.

Last edited:
I've interned the past two summers with the Memphis Redbirds, AAA affiliate of St. Louis.

AutoZone Park is almost 15 years old but it's still arguably the best in the minors.

It's going to be odd with the Lookouts being a farm team for the Twins. They were with the Reds for forever and the Dodgers past few years.

They aren't going to be getting the talent they got while with the Dodgers.

No, not at all. Even with the Reds, you got to watch guys like Joe Votto and Adam Dunn come up. Twins would be about the last team I would want the Lookouts to be associated with. Plus I still hold a grudge from 91...

Reactions: 1 person
No, not at all. Even with the Reds, you got to watch guys like Joe Votto and Adam Dunn come up. Twins would be about the last team I would want the Lookouts to be associated with. Plus I still hold a grudge from 91...

I hope the Mississippi Braves make the playoffs,but i'm nervous that the good offensive players will be sent to Gwinnett right from the start.

Nashville redid the color scheme

nashville_sounds_640x360_5v38fav6_jwhps2cp.jpg

VN Store

Back