The Official New York Yankees Thread

He’s a career .284/.421/.524 hitter with a 157 OPS+, the fifth-highest for any player with 3,000 plate appearances through his age-24 season. The players above him? Ty Cobb, Mike Trout, Mickey Mantle and Jimmie Foxx – three Hall of Famers and one on that trajectory.

It'll be Verdugo LF, Judge CF, Soto RF with Grisham in CF late in games. Can't believe Soto is a Yankee.

I don’t think he’s played it in Yankee Stadium, or if he has it’s been a long time, but Soto won’t have to do that either
He’s played it sparingly, like 50 appearances, and most were in his early days with the Yankees.

What’s the OF configuration you see?

He’s played it sparingly, like 50 appearances, and most were in his early days with the Yankees.

What’s the OF configuration you see?
IMO we’ll see Judge in left field some too.

vs. RHP: Verdugo LF, Judge CF, Soto RF
vs. LHP: Judge LF, Grisham CF, Soto RF

(Grisham is left handed, but still hits lefties better; Soto is in RF to protect him because it’s a small RF)

Reactions: 85SugarVol
IMO we’ll see Judge in left field some too.

vs. RHP: Verdugo LF, Judge CF, Soto RF
vs. LHP: Judge LF, Grisham CF, Soto RF

(Grisham is left handed, but still hits lefties better; Soto is in RF to protect him because it’s a small RF)
I had forgotten about Grisham already

Verdugo can also play CF in a pinch.

I’m just glad we have real lefty hitters to take advantage of the short porch.

Last year’s Opening Day lineup had one lefty (Rizzo) and one switch hitter who probably shouldn’t start (Cabrera); now it’s Soto, Rizzo, Verdugo and Austin Wells, plus Grisham who will play a lot and Dominguez (eventually) as a switch hitter

Reactions: 85SugarVol
I’m just glad we have real lefty hitters to take advantage of the short porch.

Last year’s Opening Day lineup had one lefty (Rizzo) and one switch hitter who probably shouldn’t start (Cabrera); now it’s Soto, Rizzo, Verdugo and Austin Wells, plus Grisham who will play a lot and Dominguez (eventually) as a switch hitter
Wells & Volpe, if they progress, could make the lineup lethal.

Or Stanton returning to some semblance of form. But that seems less likely.

VN Store

Back