The Official New York Yankees Thread

I wouldn’t, to me Snell is inconsistently good and Bieber just wasn’t good at all last year. But with Snell’s price tag I don’t really want either one
Bieber’s velocity has fallen off. If he can get it back, he probably returns to form. Big “if” though.

Reactions: NashVol11
Cashman does pretty well at these smaller trades, I'll take just about anything for Florial
Dude has been in the system for what feels like 17 years….

He hit .285 with 28 HR & 25 SB in 100 games at Scranton last year. He’s 26 now. Watch it click for him now lol…

Reactions: NashVol11
Dude has been in the system for what feels like 17 years….

He hit .285 with 28 HR & 25 SB in 100 games at Scranton last year. He’s 26 now. Watch it click for him now lol…
True, I forgot what a good year he had there and still never got a real shot. Hopefully our former Guardian Oscar Gonzalez and his SpongeBob walk-up music gives us enough depth behind Judge, Soto, Verdugo, Grisham, Pereira and eventually Dominguez

Reactions: 85SugarVol
True, I forgot what a good year he had there and still never got a real shot. Hopefully our former Guardian Oscar Gonzalez and his SpongeBob walk-up music gives us enough depth behind Judge, Soto, Verdugo, Grisham, Pereira and eventually Dominguez
Not lacking in the OF department. Dude throws hard, Yanks have a good history with bullpen arms

Yankees: Roderick Arias, SS (No. 6)
Signed for $4 million out of the Dominican Republic as MLB Pipeline's top-ranked prospect in the 2022 international class, Arias has missed time in his first two pro seasons with wrist and thumb injuries. But he also has flashed four plus tools along with a plus-plus arm and batted .267/.423/.505 with six homers and 17 steals in 27 games in the Rookie-level Florida Complex League last summer.

He’s (allegedly) 6’2” 190 now. Sexy tools -

1704391165863.png

Will the Yankees have 4 future HOF players take the field this season?

-Aaron Judge is on that trajectory, assuming he remains reasonably healthy.
-If Stanton can hit 100 HRs over the next 5 seasons (502), can they keep him out.
-Gerrit Cole will be one of the premier starting pitchers of his generation.
-Juan Soto is obviously off to a blistering start that compares to other HOF players.

Tier 5: It's not too soon to call them legends

19. Juan Soto (29 WAR)
20. Ronald Acuña, Jr. (27 WAR)

At 26 (Acuña) and 25 (Soto), it’s a little too soon to say that we know, with certainty, how their careers will be remembered. But we do know that – barring serious injury or off-field issues – it’s almost impossible to start a career like these two have and not have it end with a plaque in Cooperstown.

Tier 6: You’re going to have to elect some starting pitchers, you know

21. Chris Sale (48 WAR)
22. Gerrit Cole (44 WAR)

Cole, a six-time All-Star, newly anointed Cy Young winner, and – by today’s standards – an innings-eating horse – probably straddles the generational line to some extent, though he’s been around since 2013 and is less than three years younger than Kershaw is.

Tier 8: What if they hit 500 homers?

25. Aaron Judge or Giancarlo Stanton (42 WAR each)

Through age 31, they put up identical WAR numbers. (Stanton hit 90 more homers, but Judge hit better overall and added more fielding value.) The late start to Judge’s career and Stanton’s seeming collapse means that neither is likely to top any legendary WAR leaderboards. But: Stanton is only 98 homers from 500, with four more years on his contract; even in his difficult 2023, he still had 24 dingers. Judge is just over halfway there (257), with eight years left on his and some peak years remaining. They each have an MVP Award in their trophy case; what if either or both makes it to the magical 500 mark, too?

Will the Yankees have 4 future HOF players take the field this season?

-Aaron Judge is on that trajectory, assuming he remains reasonably healthy.
-If Stanton can hit 100 HRs over the next 5 seasons (502), can they keep him out.
-Gerrit Cole will be one of the premier starting pitchers of his generation.
-Juan Soto is obviously off to a blistering start that compares to other HOF players.

Tier 5: It's not too soon to call them legends

19. Juan Soto (29 WAR)
20. Ronald Acuña, Jr. (27 WAR)

At 26 (Acuña) and 25 (Soto), it’s a little too soon to say that we know, with certainty, how their careers will be remembered. But we do know that – barring serious injury or off-field issues – it’s almost impossible to start a career like these two have and not have it end with a plaque in Cooperstown.

Tier 6: You’re going to have to elect some starting pitchers, you know

21. Chris Sale (48 WAR)
22. Gerrit Cole (44 WAR)

Cole, a six-time All-Star, newly anointed Cy Young winner, and – by today’s standards – an innings-eating horse – probably straddles the generational line to some extent, though he’s been around since 2013 and is less than three years younger than Kershaw is.

Tier 8: What if they hit 500 homers?

25. Aaron Judge or Giancarlo Stanton (42 WAR each)

Through age 31, they put up identical WAR numbers. (Stanton hit 90 more homers, but Judge hit better overall and added more fielding value.) The late start to Judge’s career and Stanton’s seeming collapse means that neither is likely to top any legendary WAR leaderboards. But: Stanton is only 98 homers from 500, with four more years on his contract; even in his difficult 2023, he still had 24 dingers. Judge is just over halfway there (257), with eight years left on his and some peak years remaining. They each have an MVP Award in their trophy case; what if either or both makes it to the magical 500 mark, too?
Stanton won't get there. Dude is probably already on the IL.

I would also bet against Judge getting to 500 as well.

Soto is the only "lock" for the HOF on the Yanks roster, and he may only be in the Bronx this year.

Stanton won't get there. Dude is probably already on the IL.

I would also bet against Judge getting to 500 as well.

Soto is the only "lock" for the HOF on the Yanks roster, and he may only be in the Bronx this year.
I don’t think Judge has to get to 500 to make it in. Stanton almost definitely has to make it to 500, and you’re right about his health.

I think Cole likely makes it. Unless he just falls off a cliff.

The voters either change the way they evaluate SP for the HOF - or there just won’t be any more SP go in after Verlander, Kershaw, and that group.

Made an “opening offer” to Snell

Still don't have enough dependable starters. Could go the TB route with openers outside of Cole I suppose.

Hal is a bum. The Steinbrenner's just need to sell the team at this point. They have ZERO interest in actually winning anything as long as they still make money.

Still don't have enough dependable starters. Could go the TB route with openers outside of Cole I suppose.

Hal is a bum. The Steinbrenner's just need to sell the team at this point. They have ZERO interest in actually winning anything as long as they still make money.
Hal & Cash both need to go.

Reactions: YankeeVol

Beyond trading for Soto and offering $300M to Yamamoto after spending $500M on Judge + Rodon a year ago, what else exactly did you want Hal to do? Overpay Snell/Montgomery instead?

C - Trevino (R)/Wells (L)
1B - Rizzo
2B - Gleyber
3B - DJ
SS - Volpe
LF - Verdugo
CF - Judge
RF - Soto
DH - Stanton

IL - Dominguez

C - Wells/Trevino
2B/3B/SS - Peraza
CF - Grisham

SP - Cole
SP - Rodon
SP - Stroman
SP - Nestor
SP - Schmidt
SP - Warren

RP - Holmes
RP - Kahnle
RP - Loaisiga
RP - Effross
RP - Hamilton
RP - Victor Gonzalez

Good with me

Haven’t you been top 5 in payroll every year since George Steinbrenner’s death?

Reactions: TBrown

VN Store

Back