The Official New York Yankees Thread

Need Rodon to return to form.

Thoughts on Yamamoto?
I have zero faith in Rodon.

Yamamoto is a MUST* at this point. Especially with what was given up for Soto.

*Snell, Cease, Monty, Bieber (if available) to a certain degree would work as well, but not as high on the list by any means.

I have zero faith in Rodon.

Yamamoto is a MUST* at this point. Especially with what was given up for Soto.

*Snell, Cease, Monty, Bieber (if available) to a certain degree would work as well, but not as high on the list by any means.
Rodon may be broken mentally. But one can hope.

I’d love Shane Bieber, if they don’t get Yamamoto.

1. New York Yankees​

At this point it almost seems like fate that Yamamoto will end up in the Bronx. Whether it's general manager Brian Cashman seeing Yamamoto throw a no-hitter in-person on a scouting trip to Japan, the Yankees purposefully saving Yamamoto's favorite uniform number (18, which in Japan is usually worn by a team's ace) or Yamamoto personally requesting a second meeting with the Yankees on his most recent East Coast trip, it's clear that there is mutual interest.

The Yankees are considered by many to be the favorites for Yamamoto, and for good reason. Don't be surprised if he is donning pinstripes going forward.

Reactions: knoxvol52

1. New York Yankees​

At this point it almost seems like fate that Yamamoto will end up in the Bronx. Whether it's general manager Brian Cashman seeing Yamamoto throw a no-hitter in-person on a scouting trip to Japan, the Yankees purposefully saving Yamamoto's favorite uniform number (18, which in Japan is usually worn by a team's ace) or Yamamoto personally requesting a second meeting with the Yankees on his most recent East Coast trip, it's clear that there is mutual interest.

The Yankees are considered by many to be the favorites for Yamamoto, and for good reason. Don't be surprised if he is donning pinstripes going forward.
Hope they’re right, but a list with the Dodgers 5th seems like the author has no clue.

EDIT: especially when they’re 5th because they’re not “the big stage” compared to the SF Giants

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Hope they’re right, but a list with the Dodgers 5th seems like the author has no clue.

EDIT: especially when they’re 5th because they’re not “the big stage” compared to the SF Giants
Oh his rationale was ridiculous lol.

Cash was at his no hitter - Yankees #1 !!

1. New York Yankees​

Welp

So what now? The thought of Frankie Montas makes me all sad and weepy.
I'm sure we'll get some Jack Curry nuggets in the next few days, and anything from him is basically direct from the team, but here are my random thoughts:

- I've seen so much smoke around Montas that I assume we do bring him back, but I think the team knows it needs him AND another starting pitcher in which case I'm fine with it

- Obviously can't go into the season counting on him, but for a 6th-7th starter I'm interested to see Will Warren come up from the minors this year

- I don't really want to give Rodon money to Jordan Montgomery/Blake Snell (but can maybe talk myself into Snell, he's just a rollercoaster sometimes)

- My favorite move is probably to trade Pereira (who has 5 OFs ahead of him once Dominguez is back) and Peraza (who we'll need as a 5th infielder, but can potentially replace) for a solid starter rather than giving out another huge contract

- My #1 trade target is Burnes, but probably true for a lot of teams and I don't want to trade our very best prospects

- I actually like this trade, which isn't a huge splash, but Cabrera has a lot to work with if he can continue cutting down on walks, and we need more high leverage lefty relievers like Scott:

I'm sure we'll get some Jack Curry nuggets in the next few days, and anything from him is basically direct from the team, but here are my random thoughts:

- I've seen so much smoke around Montas that I assume we do bring him back, but I think the team knows it needs him AND another starting pitcher in which case I'm fine with it

- Obviously can't go into the season counting on him, but for a 6th-7th starter I'm interested to see Will Warren come up from the minors this year

- I don't really want to give Rodon money to Jordan Montgomery/Blake Snell (but can maybe talk myself into Snell, he's just a rollercoaster sometimes)

- My favorite move is probably to trade Pereira (who has 5 OFs ahead of him once Dominguez is back) and Peraza (who we'll need as a 5th infielder, but can potentially replace) for a solid starter rather than giving out another huge contract

- My #1 trade target is Burnes, but probably true for a lot of teams and I don't want to trade our very best prospects

- I actually like this trade, which isn't a huge splash, but Cabrera has a lot to work with if he can continue cutting down on walks, and we need more high leverage lefty relievers like Scott:

Blake Snell strikes me as the kinda guy that would absolutely melt in pinstripes.

Don’t think this will happen because the Mariners are penny pinching after losing TV money, but I’d love for them to bring Snell back home and trade us whoever they want (Bryce Miller, Woo, etc.) I don’t really trust Shane Bieber either

Don’t think this will happen because the Mariners are penny pinching after losing TV money, but I’d love for them to bring Snell back home and trade us whoever they want (Bryce Miller, Woo, etc.) I don’t really trust Shane Bieber either
I’d trust Bieber more than Snell

VN Store

Back