The Official SC @ #1 Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. May 16 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Fri. May 17 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 18 1PM EST SECNET+)

You would learn to hate A&M pretty quickly if you lived in Texas. They’re an annoying cult.
I’d rather have a kitchen table chat with Jahovas Witnesses than talk sports with an A&M fan.
Oh I can’t stand those freaks either….but Dave Van Horn and that baseball program is almost Kentucky basketball/Alabama football level hatred for me.

Hijacked my SIL's phone and got to watch the game since the power was off. GBO!

I'm data poor! 😆

Rewatching now that we have juice again.

Huge win! Didnt get to see the grand slam and what led up to it.

I don't want to put the cart before the horse but if UT wins tomorrow, and UK loses does that mean a tie for the regular season title? Then since we won the head to head, are we 1st by default?

Oh I can’t stand those freaks either….but Dave Van Horn and that baseball program is almost Kentucky basketball/Alabama football level hatred for me.
And they have no NC’s. Drives them crazy when you tell them they talk a lot of crap for a school with as many championships as we have.

At
Looks like I'm sleeping alone tonight. My USC fanatic wife just went upstairs and slammed the door in the spare bedroom.
Not sure what my repercussions might be; those are future concerns. I left my USC fanatic wife in Nashville and came to the 3-game set by myself. Lovin’ every minute of it.

So, Christian Moore has been incredible at the plate this year - it's like he is playing T-ball out there.

But it seems his fielding has never been real solid. Am I correct or just judging by a few bad games like tonite ?
Would you say he has improved season to season ?
I remember him misjudging routine infield pop-ups a couple of times in the past.

Also, he appeared to be annoyed during one of the mound huddles tonite when the pitching coach was out there.
He left the mound before everyone else looking a little frustrated. Could be nothing because he sounds like an A+ teammate in his media comments.

So, Christian Moore has been incredible at the plate this year - it's like he is playing T-ball out there.

But it seems his fielding has never been real solid. Am I correct or just judging by a few bad games like tonite ?
Would you say he has improved season to season ?
I remember him misjudging routine infield pop-ups a couple of times in the past.

Also, he appeared to be annoyed during one of the mound huddles tonite when the pitching coach was out there.
He left the mound before everyone else looking a little frustrated. Could be nothing because he sounds like an A+ teammate in his media comments.

He’s been amazing. Case closed.

He’s been amazing. Case closed.
No, not case closed.

It's a legitimate question I wanted to know about. I did not state as a fact that the guy is a weak fielder.
He has had some errors during his career, had a rough game in the field tonite and I was asking about that from some of you who have probably followed the team more closely than I have.
I am hoping the answer is that tonite was an aberration for him this year. Don't get so defensive over a question of curiosity.

No, not case closed.

It's a legitimate question I wanted to know about. I did not state as a fact that the guy is a weak fielder.
He has had some errors during his career, had a rough game in the field tonite and I was asking about that from some of you who have probably followed the team more closely than I have.
I am hoping the answer is that tonite was an aberration for him this year. Don't get so defensive over a question of curiosity.
He isn't a "shutdown" defensive player but he is very solid. He probably needs to clean it up a little for the MLB scouts but for us, he is very solid and tonight was more of an exception and not the Normal. Which it wasn't really that bad. The missed base touch was an anomaly that he probably should have tossed to SS but his momentum was telling him he had it. 9/10 times, this isn't called and is an out.
The 2nd one, the ball took a bad hop and that is just baseball.

No, not case closed.

I’m watching the game. I ain’t seen em yet, but it looks like we had 4 E tonight, 2 by CMO. I don’t think it’s normal really, I suspect 4 errors might be a season high in SEC games, don’t quote me on it. I’ll look it up at some point, but the stats for the season tell us something, right? He has 7 or 9 E’s (stats might not be updated), in 54 games with one game to go in SEC play, regular season. Is that bad?

Nice outing for Drew. 6 innings, 103 pitches.

Wow! CMO hit it right over his own face on the scoreboard. 3-1.

Ensley! Bomb! 4-3

Fresh meat, freshman meat.

T7, Behnke …K…good enough CMO, 2 down…seriously! CMO, helluva play. Stretch pee beer.

Nice AB, walk…Peebles…HBP…CMO…pitching change…why do they keep pitching to him he’s 3/3…pouring rain…walks…bases loaded for Burke…Denny’s! That wasn’t even a bat flip, wow!

T8, Combs…K!…E by CMO, bad hop I think…pop up, 2 down…K! Nice!

B8, 2 on no outs Antigua goes down looking…Peebles…2 outs CMO bases loaded…ground out…

T9, I need to go to bed. All you folks in the Houston area keep it tight, thinking bout ya.

1 down for Combs…K! One more…ball game. Shewie.

VN Store

Back