The Official Tennessee @ Arkansas Series Thread (4/14 8PM EST SEC NETWORK) (4/15 7PM EST SEC NET+) (4/16 3PM EST SEC NET+)

So 14 SEC wins is the path to the NCAAs:

Assuming Vols lose the series, but don't get swept this weekend. We hit the halfway point at 6-9. Things don't get easier with #4 Vandy coming to town. Lose that series, but don't swept and you hit 7-11 with 12 SEC games to go.

MS. State comes to town. Vols (win 2/3) and you're 9-12
@ Georgia. Vols (win 2/3) and you're 11-13
Kentucky comes to town. Vols (win 2/3) and you're 13-14
@ South Carolina. Vols win 1 and they're 14-16.

That's the easiest path. Things get easier when you win one you shouldn't and get harder when you lose one you shouldn't, but the path gets statistically way easier after next weekend and we have the pitching to get us to where we need to be.
My suggestion is you cut and copy this. At the start of each series, just take out the last weeks series, paste it, BOOM! You have done your duty.

Reactions: Volstylexx
Even when we win, they don’t look like they’re having fun anymore. Maybe it’s the pressure, idk. But they just don’t look like they enjoy playing. I’m not saying they don’t give effort, just that they don’t enjoy the effort they are giving lol
I think it's more difficult to have fun playing with pants that are as tight as the team is being forced to wear.

Even when we win, they don’t look like they’re having fun anymore. Maybe it’s the pressure, idk. But they just don’t look like they enjoy playing. I’m not saying they don’t give effort, just that they don’t enjoy the effort they are giving lol
I’m not being cute here but how can you tell by watching on TV if they are having fun or not?

Well getting to their pen isn't working...

bc we didn't get there soon enough. Aside from the missed DP, the next worst thing we did tonight was not pushing the starter further into ABs after 46 pitches in 2 innings. The next travesty will be if we don't run the count on the current guy and he comes back in Sunday to shut us down again.

Reactions: greasemachine
Thank goodness for our deep bullpen pitching. When you can’t hit and your middle infield is suspect at best you need good pitching.

I’m not being cute here but how can you tell by watching on TV if they are having fun or not?

Have either of you ever seen a team that looked like they were happy when losing (in any sport)? lol

I like seeing pitchers hand the ball off the the incoming pitcher Vs run to the dugout. Just saying.

Well, I admit I don’t think I see them have as much fun this year, but that could be because of the focus on keeping the “fun” in the dugout, or the fact that last year’s team was, umm, gregarious, or maybe just the cameras aren’t on them as much when they are having fun/success. I don’t know. But I do know winning is more fun than losing, so I have to conclude this year isn’t as much fun as last years. That said, I think the best is yet to come!

VN Store

Back