The Official Tennessee @ Arkansas Series Thread (4/14 8PM EST SEC NETWORK) (4/15 7PM EST SEC NET+) (4/16 3PM EST SEC NET+)

He is entitled to his opinion of course, but his opinion is very much in the minority. As mentioned, let’s just say I’m very familiar with that world. The SEC is not the same as AA or AAA. If you placed LSU or Arkansas in a AA or AAA league, they would finish last. I’ve even talked to SEC players that have done both and they all say it isn’t comparable. Can the top players on each SEC team compete at that level? Absolutely, and many of them do. That’s why they are drafted as such. But to say in general that the SEC is the equivalent of those levels just isn’t reality.

At the end of the day, hypothetically comparing those two doesn’t really matter anyway.

Not arguing just asking. So you don't think last year's team could compete with AA? I don't deal with AA or AAA anymore. I do think I have a decent idea of who can compete at the next level.

Not arguing just asking. So you don't think last year's team could compete with AA? I don't deal with AA or AAA anymore. I do think I have a decent idea of who can compete at the next level.
My guess would be an SEC Allstar team would do very well in AA. Top level SEC teams would compete in high A.

Dickey starting the game the same again-- now let's not get the errors and win this thing.

How do you figure LSU are frauds? They’ve lost 6 games. It’s baseball. You don’t win them all. This is the 5th SEC series of the season, and they haven’t lost one yet. And every team so far has been ranked in the top 12 at the time they played. Two in the top 6.

Their pitching staff is depleted right now. 3 relievers and 1 starter are out at the moment. That would hurt any team. Are they the #1 team in the country? Right now, I’d say no, but that doesn’t mean they are frauds by any stretch. And although it’s nice to see the #1 next to your name, it doesn’t mean anything right now. It only matters if you finish #1 in Omaha!

In regards to Tenn, your pitching staff is unreal. Get the offense rolling consistently, and I think you’ll be a dangerous team in the post season. I know it’s frustrating as a fan to see the struggles they’re going through, but I still believe they’ll pull it together and finish the season strong. The SEC is just an unbelievable conference, and there really are no gimmes. Gotta bring your A game every weekend. Tenn has the talent to compete with anyone in the league. Hang in there Vol fans, and keep the faith!
They are frauds because we were told they spent millions of dollars to get ALL that talent. They’ve lost a game in every single series. They are an average SEC team (which is still pretty darn good) once they get past Skenes. They are still ranked number 1 and don’t deserve to be.

Nobody has ever gotten in with 12, I doubt the committee would change that for us. And we have no quality wins OOC that would help us, so we’d really be sweating it with 13. I think we have to get to 14.
I guess we will find out.

Reactions: Volstylexx

VN Store

Back