The Official Tennessee @ Arkansas Series Thread (4/14 8PM EST SEC NETWORK) (4/15 7PM EST SEC NET+) (4/16 3PM EST SEC NET+)

I know it likely won’t happen especially due to how the MLB draft can gut a team, but I’d love to see a cap on # of portal transfers a team can accept. I love a “home grown“ team of young men that have grown up together, paid their dues together, and grown close through all the trials and tribulations of competition in the toughest and most demanding conference in college baseball. I’m afraid we might not see awesome stories of loyalty and perseverance like Trey Lipscomb, Jorel Ortega, and Cortland Lawson to name a few.
I know it likely won’t happen especially due to how the MLB draft can gut a team, but I’d love to see a cap on # of portal transfers a team can accept. I love a “home grown“ team of young men that have grown up together, paid their dues together, and grown close through all the trials and tribulations of competition in the toughest and most demanding conference in college baseball. I’m afraid we might not see awesome stories of loyalty and perseverance like Trey Lipscomb, Jorel Ortega, and Cortland Lawson to name a few.
Do you think Manny's son ever steps foot on the diamond as a Tennessee Vol in the season or does he go to MLB

Do you think Manny's son ever steps foot on the diamond as a Tennessee Vol in the season or does he go to MLB
If he’s a high 1st rounder like Brady House, he will likely see millions in signing bonus (House was $5M as the 11th overall pick), so likely won’t step foot on campus. NIL for baseball won’t touch that type of $, but chartered flights in SEC baseball vs buses in the minors is nice. With Manny as his Dad, he likely won’t be struggling with college debt or eating ramen noodles, so that helps the college choice a bit too. Quality of SEC baseball is debatable compared to minors but I’d say equivalent would be high A. Curious as to @preacherman20 or @6-4-3 would say…

Scored a bottle of Eagle Rare for tonight's game. Should secure the win. I'll try to save some for Sunday so we can take our first road series.

Currently, two basic varieties of Eagle Rare are produced. The first is aged for ten years (in charred new oak barrels, as with all bourbons), and bottled at 90 U.S. proof.

The second variety, first offered in 2000, is aged seventeen years and is called part of an "Antique Collection".[5] From 2000 to 2017 it was originally bottled at 90 proof, like the ten year offering. Starting with the 2018 release, it has been released at 101 proof.

In 2021, a 20-year-old limited edition expression of Eagle Rare Bourbon Whiskey at 101 proof was released for $2,000 a bottle.

Currently, two basic varieties of Eagle Rare are produced. The first is aged for ten years (in charred new oak barrels, as with all bourbons), and bottled at 90 U.S. proof.

The second variety, first offered in 2000, is aged seventeen years and is called part of an "Antique Collection".[5] From 2000 to 2017 it was originally bottled at 90 proof, like the ten year offering. Starting with the 2018 release, it has been released at 101 proof.

In 2021, a 20-year-old limited edition expression of Eagle Rare Bourbon Whiskey at 101 proof was released for $2,000 a bottle.
I've never been able to get my hands on a bottle of the 17 year old. Had it one time at a buddies house and it was quite good.

Interesting that you don’t think pitching is good. Likely deepest staff in college baseball.
The starting pitching has not been good outside of Beam, when it matters. Burns ERA in SEC play is 11.9, Dolly’s is 6.3. The latter won’t cut it in this league, the former will get your brains beat in.

Overall team SEC ERA of 4.92 isn’t bad based on competition and juiced ball. .243 team batting average and .950 team fielding % in SEC play must get better quickly.
But that takes into account the BP who’s around 2. It’s kind of moot if you’ve already given up 4-7 by the time you get to the pen. At that point the saving grace is you can limit it getting any worse.

I've never been able to get my hands on a bottle of the 17 year old. Had it one time at a buddies house and it was quite good.

I was hoping you'd reply: Maybe secure another bottle of 10 year old and wait 7 to create your own 17 year old bottle.

I included the wiki quote mostly because of the $2000, 20 year old limited edition mentioned is something I wasn't even aware of could exist because most people would drink it long before 20 years of time.

I was hoping you'd reply: Maybe secure another bottle of 10 year old and wait 7 to create your own 17 year old bottle.

I included the wiki quote mostly because of the $2000, 20 year old limited edition mentioned is something I wasn't even aware of could exist because most people would drink it long before 20 years of time.
Once it gets bottled the aging is done. All of the aging happens in the oak barrels. A 20 year old limited edition sat in the barrel that long.

If he’s a high 1st rounder like Brady House, he will likely see millions in signing bonus (House was $5M as the 11th overall pick), so likely won’t step foot on campus. NIL for baseball won’t touch that type of $, but chartered flights in SEC baseball vs buses in the minors is nice. With Manny as his Dad, he likely won’t be struggling with college debt or eating ramen noodles, so that helps the college choice a bit too. Quality of SEC baseball is debatable compared to minors but I’d say equivalent would be high A. Curious as to @preacherman20 or @6-4-3 would say…
I feel like he may for the fact his family is not depending on his success to hurry up and make money I kinda compare it to the Peyton decision to play his Senior year no hurry and he loved college and his family had money just as Manny's has plus if he went straight to minor league ball he would most likely be in minors 4 years but if he went to college 3 years and was hight draft pick in minors no more than 1.5 to 2 years sometimes college route is quicker to big leagues than straight out of high school hope I made some kind of sense

Don't know if anybody has noticed Wake Forest and Boston College are two really good ACC teams Wake may be #1 when rankings come out next week

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I thought this was a Tennessee @ Arkansas thread. Looks like the first round of thunderstorms is through Fayetteville and hoping there is not another round. Go Vols!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I thought this was a Tennessee @ Arkansas thread. Looks like the first round of thunderstorms is through Fayetteville and hoping there is not another round. Go Vols!
You don’t like updates from around the league?

every-party-has-a-pooper-moira.gif

VN Store

Back