The Official Tennessee @ Arkansas Series Thread (4/14 8PM EST SEC NETWORK) (4/15 7PM EST SEC NET+) (4/16 3PM EST SEC NET+)

It's rare for the clean up hitter to bunt, in general.
I understand that. Granted, I’m not a D1 coach and my kid isn’t a D1 player, she is a clean up hitter and will bunt on demand. In a game that I know will be a tough game, every run matters.

I haven’t policed anything. Lol it’s ball. Can you answer the question rather than try to insult? I’m literally asking. Without the balk, we score 1 run when 2 was for sure. Please talk the game with me and not “I trust V or police, blah blah”
Good evening, friend. Respectfully, I believe you misunderstood my post. There is a long history of some regular posters distain for the bunt, even in strategically appropriate times in the game. I was actually just preparing the board for their potential arrival here, and I hoped it to be taken in jest.
I did not insult you, and I think my post history shows some knowledge of the game, more humor, and even more respect for fellow posters.
so, I hope you are able to fully enjoy the rest of the game while cheering on Our Vols, and I hope you are able to get out of Alabama soon, as any self respecting Vil should hope for you.
kind regards,
Ritzwatch
P.S. I was calling for a bunt from my living room.

Reactions: drvenner
Hollan seems to me to rock back/forth before he coms to his set which I would think is a balk?
There is this newer thing a number of pitchers do from the stretch where they continue to rock back and forth, seeming to set and reset their arms like a duck shaking off water. I’ve never understood why that is not a balk.

Reactions: VolGirl81
I understand that. Granted, I’m not a D1 coach and my kid isn’t a D1 player, she is a clean up hitter and will bunt on demand. In a game that I know will be a tough game, every run matters.
Not necessarily in the first inning. I believe you play for the big inning early. It did work out. We got the second run.

Reactions: Voltrapnbama

VN Store

Back