The Official Tennessee @ Indiana Regional Game Thread (Sat. June 1st 6PM EST) (ESPNU)

Big money replaced the common fan imo. It's still a good environment but doesn't seem as loud or like a hornets nest anymore
I presume seat additions won't bring it back? I remember TV saying he appreciated the intimacy of LNS. Do you think the hornet's nest feel was part of that?

Yep. It's a very difficult path. But the inference was who you'd rather face for a super. They won't be in that position if they make that far. But you're right, I don't like their chances.
Fair enough if you would have a different view of “who you want to face in a super” vs. “who you want to advance to Sunday in the regional.” (The original post I responded to wasn’t clear, but either way, for me, the answer to both is ECU.)

However, especially if we are talking about who you wanted to win today’s game, I don’t know how you could watch what just transpired (and all those guys that ECU trotted out there) and not think that ECU winning today gives us the best chance of seeing VCU or Evansville next week.

Fair enough if you would have a different view of “who you want to face in a super” vs. “who you want to advance to Sunday in the regional.” (The original post I responded to wasn’t clear, but either way, for me, the answer to both is ECU.)

However, especially if we are talking about who you wanted to win today’s game, I don’t know how you could watch what just transpired (and all those guys that ECU trotted out there) and not think that ECU winning today gives us the best chance of seeing VCU or Evansville next week.
I don't think either team has the arms to get through three more games.

Reactions: ArdentVol and vol66
Watching that game made me appreciate how good our defense is… Knock on wood…
Besides the ecu first baseman air mailing the throw to first on the bunt, they didn’t really field poorly. All the hits were just hit where they weren’t lol. Shift giveth and shift taketh away

Reactions: tn4elvis and CDB
Besides the ecu first baseman air mailing the throw to first on the bunt, they didn’t really field poorly. All the hits were just hit where they weren’t lol. Shift giveth and shift taketh away
Shift happens

wasn't that a Forrest Gump inspired bumper sticker?

Reactions: ArdentVol
Random question while we're all waiting... any word on whether or not Zane Denton plans to try and play next year?
At the SEC level, I don’t know how feasible it is to take a year off and just try to come back after that. If he does want to play baseball again, it’d make more sense to transfer down to the SoCon or something like that.

I know Lindsey did it last year, but baseball is way too hard of a game to take a hiatus from for a year and maintain your ability.

Reactions: DownTheField

I think that’s fair. I watched quite a bit of Wake this year, I haven’t watched as much on ECU because, as you know, they are just always there…I’m not knocking Wake.

Reactions: txbo and ArdentVol
Even if Wake had won today, I don't think they have the arms to get though three more games. They've limped through three game series all year.
ECU is the only team of the 2 capable of winning 4 straight. Wake “earned” their 2 seed. Deacs underperformed the entire season with the Clemson series being the only one they played well start to finish.

Reactions: txbo and vol66

VN Store

Back