The Official Tennessee @ Indiana Regional Game Thread (Sat. June 1st 6PM EST) (ESPNU)

I think that’s fair. I watched quite a bit of Wake this year, I haven’t watched as much on ECU because, as you know, they are just always there…I’m not knocking Wake.
By the time you get to supers, it’s very rare you’ll play someone who doesn’t at least scare you a little bit. Hoping for any team by that point is kind of redundant. They all could beat you just the same usually.

That said, VCU or Evansville in our super would be a dream

ECU is the only team of the 2 capable of winning 4 straight. Wake “earned” their 2 seed. Deacs underperformed the entire season with the Clemson series being the only one they played well start to finish.
For all the publicity the “pitching lab” gets, it sure seemed like their only reliable pitcher this year was the one they didn’t develop themselves.

By the time you get to supers, it’s very rare you’ll play someone who doesn’t at least scare you a little bit. Hoping for any team by that point is kind of redundant. They all could beat you just the same usually.

That said, VCU or Evansville in our super would be a dream

Yeah. That outcome would be incredible!

Besides the ecu first baseman air mailing the throw to first on the bunt, they didn’t really field poorly. All the hits were just hit where they weren’t lol. Shift giveth and shift taketh away
There were quite a few misplayed balls from the outfield on both teams and the shortstop not in position for the play at second. Can’t recall all of them but both teams just seemed slow and sloppy. I’m just spoiled watching mostly UT and SEC.

Last edited:
Every game of the tournament is on ESPN+. This is the time of year I cancel Hulu Live until football season. No need to even worry about the channel. Plus you get Squeeze Play, which shows multiple games at once.
FYI, not sure what version of Hulu Live you have but we get ESPN+ (and Disney+) with our Hulu Live. Works with the same login credentials we use for Hulu.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM and CDB
Go Stetson. Vandy and Bama being eliminated on the same day would be too sweet
Wake, Vandy and bama all losing makes me think the boot will drop on us tonight. All 3 of those teams losing while we win today? That's way too much good news to ask for. Baseball gods won't allow Tennessee that much good fortune. Knew it was too good to be true.

Besides the ecu first baseman air mailing the throw to first on the bunt, they didn’t really field poorly. All the hits were just hit where they weren’t lol. Shift giveth and shift taketh away
I saw the bunt but thought the pitcher made the bad throw. Wake got the lucky bounce of the ball T9 and as you said, base hits.

Wake, Vandy and bama all losing makes me think the boot will drop on us tonight. All 3 of those teams losing while we win today? That's way too much good news to ask for. Baseball gods won't allow Tennessee that much good fortune. Knew it was too good to be true.
This Vol fan becoming an agnostic

I presume seat additions won't bring it back? I remember TV saying he appreciated the intimacy of LNS. Do you think the hornet's nest feel was part of that?
A little. Also students were much closer to the action. Need more of them allowed in and closed. And i bet even with more seating coming it'll go to mostly big money.

Reactions: littlegar

VN Store

Back