The Official Tennessee @ South Carolina Weekend Series Thread (Fri. 7PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. 2PM EST & 1 Hour after first game completion SEC NETWORK)

I’d use Kirby as an opener once through the lineup and then bring in Burns.

They is pretty good idea.

These days, I was thinking our perfect pitching order is to get 5-6 innings from the right hand starter. Then use Kirby for 3-4 outs, Camden for 3-4 outs, Burns to close. Kirby's stuff works better if he follows one of the right handers who are throwing 95+ gas.

For another game, I thought of AJ Russell as an opener.

But, we probably overcomplicating things. Starting tomorrow night is where this run of 2-3 weeks, or however long we last, will benefit us having 12-14 pitchers.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
They will need a bunch of these to carry away all the run over chickens...

View attachment 551969View attachment 551969
...or just maybe a bunch of these:
chicken-buckets-4500ml-150oz.jpg

Yeah, I would hold Dolley for Tuesday in Hoover.
Well they have Chase scheduled for Friday as this is a Thursday, Friday, Saturday series. I think he is a Wednesday/Thursday pitcher. I think they might to go with Beam to open. I could see Sewell getting the start on Saturday and then have him available for a game if we make a deep run in the sec tournament.

Reactions: TennVols12
I hope we get all 3 games in. We need these wins for our RPI to get into the hosting conversation. Belmont dropped us 6 spots just for playing that game. I respect Tony like hell for playing it, but we could have cancelled with the extreme weather delay and kept our RPI around 17 going into the weekend with a chance to crack the Top 15. Instead, I think the best case scenario now is getting back to 17 if we get 2 wins.

Well they have Chase scheduled for Friday as this is a Thursday, Friday, Saturday series. I think he is a Wednesday/Thursday pitcher. I think they might to go with Beam to open. I could see Sewell getting the start on Saturday and then have him available for a game if we make a deep run in the sec tournament.

Reading the pre-series notes, I saw that CTV listed the Friday starter as TBD.

That makes he think that he is already plotting and a scheming.

If you're having to play on Tuesday in Hoover, the trick is to get 100 pitches out of the first starter. Easier said than done...

Curious. Know SCjr had been dealing with some injuries on their team. A pitcher or two i think? Are they back? How healthy is SCjr?

I think Halverson, Burns, and Beam are all options for starting Game 3. It probably depends on how Games 1 and 2 play out.

It’s a clusterF boys and girls, I don’t think any baseball is being played this evening. Tomorrow doesn’t look good either..

I thought the point of doing a Thursday-Saturday series was for TV. So why are we on SECN+ instead of regular TV? Makes no sense.
The last weekend of the year all SEC games are Thurs-Sat to give teams the extra day before the SECT. Last time Tennessee played on Sunday before the SECT tournament was 2005. 2006 all SEC teams finished on Saturday.

It’s a clusterF boys and girls, I don’t think any baseball is being played this evening. Tomorrow doesn’t look good either..
With Hoover looming, I'm not quite sure how they'll handle this. Maybe play a DH and cut it to 7 innnings to try and get things in?

With Hoover looming, I'm not quite sure how they'll handle this. Maybe play a DH and cut it to 7 innnings to try and get things in?
Your guess is as good as mine. I’m working in Columbia today (wearing my orange UT polo) but it’s been a constant rain since I woke up and the radar ain’t moving.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Current Weather Forecast For The Series:
Tonight: 60 percent chance of showers at first pitch
Friday: Clear from first pitch on, some rain earlier in the day
Saturday: All clear

So what happens if it rains most of the evening tonight ? Will the game just be canceled ?

Any chance we double up with two 7’s if we stay wet tonight. I suppose Sunday isn’t an option either.

VN Store

Back