The Official Tennessee Tech @ Tennessee Game Thread Tuesday April 18, 2023 6:30 PM EST SEC NETWORK +

It’s now or never. You’re not scoring 3 in the 9th (not this team with this pressure). Get 1, chase the pitcher and then let her rip!

Reactions: Tenacjim
Two Tech pitchers, one with a 9+ ERA and the other 6+ and we have 6 hits….still bad offense
I love ‘em. I’m gonna keep rooting’ for ‘em. I believe they can get it going.

However, I am starting to get serious basketball vibes here…specifically, one starts to feel like one knows how the season likely will end.

It is college baseball. We have to score more runs. I feel like we have many good hitters; it is frustrating to not string hits together and score some runs.

Maybe, in line with my optimistic nature, I just overestimate our guys at the plate. After all, I am the guy who thoroughly enjoyed the win against Florida while taking in the pleasant Spring Breeze and Liquid Sunshine.

I miss the shortie pants. Drew wore them a lot and Liam Spence did all the time.
You should have seen the softball team this weekend. Their uniform pants were so…wait, what sweetheart? Yes, I will be in to dishes in a minute. Uh, guys, forget the whole softball thing, ok?

I miss last year
And the year before, heck even 2020 was shaping up nice.
We got spoiled…

Here’s a bit of darkness from me:

Baseball last year was one of the largest TN sports letdowns in all of TN athletics history…. To be rivaled only by the misery SC football would bring to us a few months later.

Reactions: vol94 and VolGirl81
I love ‘em. I’m gonna keep rooting’ for ‘em. I believe they can get it going.

However, I am starting to get serious basketball vibes here…specifically, one starts to feel like one knows how the season likely will end.

It is college baseball. We have to score more runs. I feel like we have many good hitters; it is frustrating to not string hits together and score some runs.

Maybe, in line with my optimistic nature, I just overestimate our guys at the plate. After all, I am the guy who thoroughly enjoyed the win against Florida while taking in the pleasant Spring Breeze and Liquid Sunshine.
Love the optimism, but we don't have the hitters....or the defense. Gonna have to make some hard decisions with this roster. And for heavens sake, get a legit catcher or two on this roster for next season.

VN Store

Back