The Official Tennessee Tech @ Tennessee Game Thread Tuesday April 18, 2023 6:30 PM EST SEC NETWORK +

Good job Halvy two on and no outs
this team is just going through th motions. Talented but so lethargic in all aspects. Fielding, base running, too many walks pitching, too many bad outs at bat (not putting balls in play) and can not put hitters away when ahead in the count. It has been a challenge for them since the first game of the year. Something is just off from the start and has not been corrected.

I just don’t understand what has happened to this team. I’m sure it’s been explained a hundred times. I’m still shocked by this performance.

They will. A catcher decided to take draft offer last year and the other left a few weeks into the Fall, I believe.

Yup. WVU transfer was going to be our stud behind the plate but couldn’t stomach the workouts after he got here and chickened out. Add in the players who left to the draft and those who got drafted to forego college - it was a recipe for mediocrity but we didn’t want to see it or believe it.

VN Store

Back