The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Ridley's deal keeps looking better and better.

I was just going to post this......... Everybody that said we overpaid..... Looks like we were right on the money for the market.

I'll give it to our GM, he seems to be extremely plugged in to the market and making sensible deals.

Reactions: Vol8188
To be fair: if an offensive line can’t block anyone with a pulse, it really doesn’t matter what the philosophy is.
I disagree, it makes what he was doing even more senseless. If the defense knows you can't effectively block for the run game and you run it twice then pass on an obvious passing down you are obviously playing into their hands and hamstringing your offense.

When everything is equal, or close to equal Vrabel had a talent for winning on the edge...... But he and JRob fell for the smartest guy in the room illusion and started to smoke their own supply.

Reactions: Vols4us
I think J-Rob’s problem was he won on some high risk/high reward picks early (Big Jeff, King Henry, Byard) and wanted to keep that going (Wilson/Farley/Trading AJ) instead of making “safe” picks.

One of the local sports reporters posted that Molden was not happy with Titans. Maybe the trade will give him another chance.
Probably because we signed players that pushed him down the depth chart. He was no longer going to be 1st team DB, outside of Dime personnel. Oh well. Get good or get packing.

I think it is possible, but then I look at the possible playoff teams in the AFC. Buffalo, Miami, maybe NY in the east. Baltimore, Cincy, maybe Cleveland in the north. KC is about it out west. Houston is the probable top dog in the south. That is 8 teams right there. So Titans have to be better than at least 2 of them.
I think the Chargers will do much better under Harbaugh. Herbert is a stud. But they are definitely lacking skill players on offense.

I think J-Rob’s problem was he won on some high risk/high reward picks early (Big Jeff, King Henry, Byard) and wanted to keep that going (Wilson/Farley/Trading AJ) instead of making “safe” picks.
I don't think Henry was much of a risk as a 2nd round Heisman winning RB. Byard was a mid-rounder as well.

I think Landry is a better example. He missed several games his senior year to injury and his stats were down across the board and the Titans gave up a 2 and 3 to move up and draft him. We ended up with only 4 picks total that draft. The reality is that without that 2019 class, J-Robs drafts were very mediocre prior to 2020. The Titans success under J-Rob was built on the back of Henry and was elevated higher for a couple years by Tannehill. But once our OL turned to mush starting in 2022, the wheels fell off.

Is he though? People have been saying that for years now, but he has yet to do anything of significance

3rd in TDs and yards since he came into the league, behind only Mahomes and Allen. Yes he doesn't have the playoff success, but that's mostly due to having a terrible coach.

What does everyone need to see from Levis this year to believe he is capable of being a franchise QB?

For me, I want to see 4000+ passings yards, around 25 TDs, less than 15 ints. And I want to see the bulk of this production coming in games we are competitive in. Not simply stat padding in games where we are losing by 21 points like Jameis Winston did in Tampa.

What does everyone need to see from Levis this year to believe he is capable of being a franchise QB?

For me, I want to see 4000+ passings yards, around 25 TDs, less than 15 ints. And I want to see the bulk of this production coming in games we are competitive in. Not simply stat padding in games where we are losing by 21 points like Jameis Winston did in Tampa.
4k yards would be nice. It's been almost 25 years since a Titans QB threw for 4k yards.

Reactions: Carp

Pretty simply, the willingness and ability to carry the team if and when he is called upon to do so. Many so-called franchise quarterbacks can't or won't, but still want 60 mil per year.

A completion % above 65%, a QBR above 50 (probably higher to be a franchise), and a sack % less than 6%.

He was way off on all 3 last season.

Only about 8-9 QBs in the league tend to hit the 4000 yard mark in a given season.

Only about 8-9 QBs in the league tend to hit the 4000 yard mark in a given season.
That is typically due to injuries to top QBs and poor performance from everyone else. Certainly you would have expected Rodgers, Herbert, Burrow, Cousins, and Stafford to have crossed that mark last year had they been healthy. The standard for an NFL QB in today's NFL is 4k yards, either standard passing or combined like a LJ or Hurts. If you aren't breaking that barometer, I don't believe you can be a franchise caliber QB.

We haven't had a 4k yard passer since Moon, as sad as that is.

That is typically due to injuries to top QBs and poor performance from everyone else. Certainly you would have expected Rodgers, Herbert, Burrow, Cousins, and Stafford to have crossed that mark last year had they been healthy. The standard for an NFL QB in today's NFL is 4k yards, either standard passing or combined like a LJ or Hurts. If you aren't breaking that barometer, I don't believe you can be a franchise caliber QB.

We haven't had a 4k yard passer since Moon, as sad as that is.
RT fell about 180ish yards short in 2020. They were closer as a team in 2019. Did as a team in 2011.

RT fell about 180ish yards short in 2020. They were closer as a team in 2019. Did as a team in 2011.
I know. And RT was a great QB for us for about 2.5 years. Unfortunately father time and injuries caught up with him in 2022. He looked absolutely cooked last year. Zero zip on his passes.

Reactions: CPA and YankeeVol

VN Store

Back