The Official Tennessee @ UGA Series Thread (Fri. 5/5 6PM EST) (Sat. 5/6 2PM EST) (Sun. 5/7 1PM EST) All games on SEC NETWORK+

Frank doesn’t even try to teach pitchers the stretch. And he calls too many fastballs. Those are the two flaws that if he would just fix, he’d be pretty much a perfect pitching coach
I’d say he’s doing just fine. It’s a slide step that they don’t utilize. Our pitchers pitch from the stretch.

Reactions: A.Vol70
Given the way SC has started to play lately, taking 2 from them is possible. Yes, it’ll be tough, but it’s doable. Remember, this Georgia team swept Arkansas in their last home SEC series. They’re very Jekyll and Hyde. We got good Georgia the last 2 days.

As tough as we’ve been at home, sweeping Kentucky is very possible, but we should at least take 2. If we take 2 from Kentucky and only 1 from SC, I think there is still a path to hosting, but it probably involves making the SECCG.

Yeah, get two against kats, one off cocks...win a couple of games in Hoover. We should be in that 15-18 seed group.

Take our chances after the horrible start. All the extra pitching will help as the schedule tightens.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Somebody let the pitchers in on what must be a secret. If you want to win you pitch at the knees. They must not realize serving it up waist high is batting practice.

Yeah, get two against kats, one off cocks...win a couple of games in Hoover. We should be in that 15-18 seed group.

Take our chances after the horrible start. All the extra pitching will help as the schedule tightens.
Yes, the thing we have that others do not is starting pitching for days and a great bull pen.

Reactions: Jax_Vol and Orange.
Somebody let the pitchers in on what must be a secret. If you want to win you pitch at the knees. They must not realize serving it up waist high is batting practice.
Maybe you can get a job as an SEC pitching coach. That’s brilliant!

Reactions: Orange.
I was at all four of our games there last year. We had more there than anyone.

That is saying something considering that LSU is out there grilling corn dogs by the dozens
I was as well and LSU game was a good showing. Saturday vs UK wasn’t hard to have more lol, same with UF. UF is the worst traveling fanbase outside of Mizzou and UK when it comes to Hoover.

UF hosted last year at 15-15....so that destroys your comment
It doesn’t destroy my comment. It’s the ONLY time it’s ever happened and UF plays an infinitely tougher OOC SOS than we do every year. The “experts” were stunned at how that happened last year so way to pick the literal one time it happened and use it as justification. I’ve counted 2x in 12 seasons that an SEC team hosted with less than 17 wins; it’s statistically not the norm.

I'd bet you 16-14 and we host
That’s a bet I’d take because history say it doesn’t happen.

1) Scar went 17-12 and hosted (won 6 series, coming off 3 straight title appearances, likely got the benefit of the doubt.

2) State went 16-14 and hosted (made SECT finals, won 5 series)

3) UF went 15-15 and hosted (made SECT finals, won 6 series)

State in 2013 would be our comparison and then it likely takes a semifinals run in Hoover at minimum and depends on who we knock off to get to that spot.

CTV has shown he's going to protect players health regardless of the pressure presenting itself in game situations. GA deserved the series. Good on them. Reset the mechanism and win Tuesday!

Reactions: Boomer78

Problem is that UK is just a tad hot right now and SCjr will be hot for a different reason. We'll have our work cut out for us no doubt about it. Just don't trust this team. Eerily similar to the men's basketball team this year in that you just never know which version of the team will show up. Makes them hard to trust.

Reactions: Tnphil and Jax_Vol
Problem is that UK is just a tad hot right now and SCjr will be hot for a different reason. We'll have our work cut out for us no doubt about it. Just don't trust this team. Eerily similar to the men's basketball team this year in that you just never know which version of the team will show up. Makes them hard to trust.

I think Maui sets the tone offensively. If he gets a bad strike / ball call on first few pitches, he starts whining at umpire.

And, we all become energy vampires.

Reactions: CAVPUT

VN Store

Back