The Official Tennessee @ UGA Series Thread (Fri. 5/5 6PM EST) (Sat. 5/6 2PM EST) (Sun. 5/7 1PM EST) All games on SEC NETWORK+

I love my mom's music. Grew up listening to it, singing along to it too, so I know all the lyrics to a LOT of 70s -90s pop music. Same for my dad's which was/is the same era's "classic rock". We are def THE loud house on the street when it comes to music. What's playing in the front yard might not be what's on the back yard.

My dad's college stereo system is for the front yard and I/we use that for when we're playing hoops. Lotta hoops at my house, pretty much daily/nightly) What's awesome is IF a neighbor comments it's rare and usually positive on my taste in music, but really, it's my parents they are commenting on, but I've adopted.

I credit my mom for not backing down when, as an 8th grader, she wanted to teach me how to dance just prior to "the 8th grade dance". My social life went from near zero to max because guys don't like to dance because they can't. So LITERALLY at the 8th grade dance, I could. Not. Get off the dance floor because girls were sick of dancing with their gal pals and were waiting for a song to end so I'd be coming off the floor and was quasi swarmed by girls want to dance with me.

Same for all following dances. THen Christmas parties etc. Makes me smile now even thinking about it. I just had no idea how powerful music and being able to dance actually was up to that point. So Kudos Mom.

I love my mom's music. Grew up listening to it, singing along to it too, so I know all the lyrics to a LOT of 70s -90s pop music. Same for my dad's which was/is the same era's "classic rock". We are def THE loud house on the street when it comes to music. What's playing in the front yard might not be what's on the back yard.

My dad's college stereo system is for the front yard and I/we use that for when we're playing hoops. Lotta hoops at my house, pretty much daily/nightly) What's awesome is IF a neighbor comments it's rare and usually positive on my taste in music, but really, it's my parents they are commenting on, but I've adopted.

I credit my mom for not backing down when, as an 8th grader, she wanted to teach me how to dance just prior to "the 8th grade dance". My social life went from near zero to max because guys don't like to dance because they can't. So LITERALLY at the 8th grade dance, I could. Not. Get off the dance floor because girls were sick of dancing with their gal pals and were waiting for a song to end so I'd be coming off the floor and was quasi swarmed by girls want to dance with me.

Same for all following dances. THen Christmas parties etc. Makes me smile now even thinking about it. I just had no idea how powerful music and being able to dance actually was up to that point. So Kudos Mom.
Ever hear the song Long winding road?

The 76ers stepped on Grant Williams head and he's still playing.
Yeah, that looked painful but I like how both players reacted. Embiid apologized to Grant after asking another Celtic on the court if Grant was okay. Grant returned and basically told Embiid not to give it a second thought. Good sportsmanship and for once nobody “went off the rails.”

VN Store

Back