The Official Tennessee @ UGA Series Thread (Fri. 5/5 6PM EST) (Sat. 5/6 2PM EST) (Sun. 5/7 1PM EST) All games on SEC NETWORK+

Good evening folks. Watched the game tonight. Thought we played very good. The bats keep hitting. What we like to see. Think we are back and for real. Pitching looks good. Glad we saved mr chase burns for a harder time this weekend. He will deliver. Let’s go dollander !

So you know I didn't woosh the nuance of your post here are the subtitles from the original TopGun:
00:45:32,396 --> 00:45:34,808
My mother used to
call down from her room

00:45:34,899 --> 00:45:37,561
and have me play this
over and over again.

Today was a weird day: I only saw us score 2 of the 12 runs because of computer issues. I'm glad we scored a lot of runs, but man I didn't get see many of them because of computer/network issues.

Yeah, my feed was crap today, don’t recall that being a problem all season until today.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thanks, looks like I missed a good one, gonna watch the replay

Yeah you missed a good one. Especially the part where they made a special exception to let CTV bat, he proceeded to call his shot, and hit a towering bomb that struck Kirby Smart in the face and knocked him right out. Pretty wild turn of events.

Yeah you missed a good one. Especially the part where they made a special exception to let CTV bat, he proceeded to call his shot, and hit a towering bomb that struck Kirby Smart in the face and knocked him right out. Pretty wild turn of events.
🤣😂🤣

when my dad told the dude to shut up, they walked on

Because you live so close, do you go to other UGA events?

Any thoughts on their ball park or do you have any other observations.

I ask because I'm fairly fascinated by ball parks because they are all so different and have their own character. I like asking about the overall experience of people who go to games too. That includes the ballpark, fans, food or whatever comes to mind.

See or hear anything fun/funny?

First time there? (I know you live nearby, but asked anyway because maybe it is your first time there to watch baseball)

Ever go to a UGA football game? I have gone to a few of those.

Last edited:
All these ladies look lovely, and I wish them nothing but happiness in life. Having dated a few blonde UT coeds in my time, all I can say is this: Boys, find you a brunette you can’t live without; I wouldn’t trade mine for anyone. She is a Carolina girl with an orange wardrobe. I am a blessed man.

Georgia brunette for me from our time at Maryville College.
We can't live without each other, all these years later and I am still amazed.

These guys are flat out playing some ball. Things are coming together at just the right time. It’s really satisfying to watch them start hammering people again and putting some of this negativity to rest. We have so many high character kids on this team that will continue to make a huge impact on those around them. I’m really thankful for this team.

I ask because I'm fairly fascinated by ball parks because they are all so different and have their own character. I like asking about the overall experience of people who go to games too. That includes the ballpark, fans, food or whatever comes to mind.

First time there? (I know you live nearby, but asked anyway because maybe it is your first time there to watch baseball)

I was impressed with Foley Field (first timer) and live about 90 min away. Baseball crowd is obviously subdued compared to GA football crowd. Samford Stadium can be very loud (22 TN game was deafening) and I’ve been going there for over 25 years. Athens is an awesome college town.

Last edited:
I was impressed with Foley Field (first timer) and live about 90 min away. Baseball crowd is obviously subdued compared to GA football crowd. Stamford can be very loud (22 TN game was deafening) and I’ve been going there for over 25 years. Athens is an awesome college town.
I have always been interested in the dimensions of Foley Field, as it just seems weirdly asymmetrical. 350 down the line to left, 314 down the line to right, and 404 to dead center. How does that look in person and why the huge disparity down the lines?

I only attend UGA events when Tennessee teams are in town. It’s usually a decent atmosphere at every event. Those dudes last night were just pricks and pissed off because they know Tennessee is superior and UGA’s baseball program is becoming a dumpster fire.

I’ve seen Tennessee play UGA here in softball, men’s basketball, ladies basketball, football, and baseball almost every time.

Foley Field is okay, it’s older, they need to add more seats, that’s for sure. @preacherman20 can tell you the same thing I’m sure. A lot of us were in the left field bleachers last night and it’s a little ways from home plate, just not optimal baseball seating.

VN Store

Back