The Official Tennessee @ UGA Series Thread (Fri. 5/5 6PM EST) (Sat. 5/6 2PM EST) (Sun. 5/7 1PM EST) All games on SEC NETWORK+

My point is only about the data on the guy who pitched. We probably had very little if any, which in today's game is an advantage for them.
Great point. Teams are going to spend the majority of their prep time on arms they will see for multiple innings and pitches. Not on guys who might or might not pitch. Huge advantage to the pitcher.

We got some serious baseball fans up in here. I’ve always seriously respected fans in St. Louis.
My mother was from the St. Louis area. I was at St. Louis games from 4-5 years old. They do have pretty amazing support every year. Very knowledgeable fans in that area who know and appreciate what the game of baseball is. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen Cardinal fans give a standing ovation to an opposing player who made a great defensive play. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the enemy and say “wow.”

I think we as Vol fans we had to tip our hats to the Georgia pitchers who were, although not statistically good, amazing on Saturday. Their stuff was unbelievably good all afternoon.

How many would like to see the strike zone box like you see watching MLB games,if you notice the umps are always giving the strike 3-4 inches out of zone on either side and low and high.

Reactions: Volnukem
My mother was from the St. Louis area. I was at St. Louis games from 4-5 years old. They do have pretty amazing support every year. Very knowledgeable fans in that area who know and appreciate what the game of baseball is. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen Cardinal fans give a standing ovation to an opposing player who made a great defensive play. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the enemy and say “wow.”

I think we as Vol fans we had to tip our hats to the Georgia pitchers who were, although not statistically good, amazing on Saturday. Their stuff was unbelievably good all afternoon.
Molina and Wainwright are worshipped in St.Louis or they should be.

What a shame this season started so poorly being swept by a terrible Mizzou team. Have been digging out ever since. Might be too late to get the coveted home advantage in the top 16. Gotta go at least 5-2 in the final 7 SEC games, I think.

Reactions: I4Vols
That’s pretty much how summer ball is played every year in many leagues.
My comment was sarcastic. I think the game is getting carried away with the amount of analytics available.. it’s overwhelming and somewhat unnecessary. Even summer ball leagues are becoming more data-driven - most teams are getting trackman, rapsodos, etc

What a shame this season started so poorly being swept by a terrible Mizzou team. Have been digging out ever since. Might be too late to get the coveted home advantage in the top 16. Gotta go at least 5-2 in the final 7 SEC games, I think.

I believe the fact that this team has had to scratch and claw for everything will help them in the postseason. Losing early is probably what they needed to help them toughen up and get focused. It’s technically already been the postseason for them for the past few weeks. It’s a good thing that they have faced adversity. It was primarily a new team that hadn’t earned the hype, the ranking, or anything for that matter. They needed to make their own way. They will be better for it and are peaking at the right time.

Not a chance. 4-3 would guarantee a top 16, and 3-4 with a win or two in Hoover would probably do it too. Our metrics are high, and all remaining 7 games are against top 25 RPI teams (6 of them against top 5 rpi).

It’s a long season, and I would venture to guess we all have different internet capabilities or some listen directly to the radio. Point being, it’s not about who can be first, but about all of us who joined here to either watch or listen to the game, respecting the idea of all of us being in the same place, watching/listening together, if that makes sense.

Anyway, let’s take one from em tomorrow!

GBO!!!
Except for the bunt???

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It’s a long season, and I would venture to guess we all have different internet capabilities or some listen directly to the radio. Point being, it’s not about who can be first, but about all of us who joined here to either watch or listen to the game, respecting the idea of all of us being in the same place, watching/listening together, if that makes sense.

Anyway, let’s take one from em tomorrow!

GBO!!!

Yesterday was odd because the radio was a full 5 minutes ahead of the broadcast and most comments. I think ESPN was having trouble with their servers because other people were experiencing the same thing across the ESPN platform.

NBD to not post or just stick with the stream ESPN provides even when it pauses so I don't tell someone the outcome long before they see it.

VN Store

Back