The Official Tennessee @ UGA Series Thread (Fri. 5/5 6PM EST) (Sat. 5/6 2PM EST) (Sun. 5/7 1PM EST) All games on SEC NETWORK+

Well….this didn’t age very well. That bullpen was lights out!

I think he was just saying that we were going to have a long delay in the game.

Since the starter only made two pitches, the second guy had to stretch out and do a full warm-up before entering...probably 20 minute game delay.

Once started though, it was like having a young Vollie Fingers pitch against us. Fantastic job of changing speeds which made the 88-89 fastball work for him.

Well….this didn’t age very well. That bullpen was lights out!
I disagree. We tried to hit homeruns off a kid that was throwing 85. We were not patient enough to see if he could throw strikes. We were swinging at stuff that was not coming close to the plate. Our plate discipline yesterday was not very good. When they are pitching like that, like Kirby and Camden, you have to swing for base hits not home runs. That's what they want you to do. Pop it up. That's what we did. Everyone thinks when they see slow pitching that you can destroy it but when the pitcher is not generating power it is harder to hit it out.

I disagree. We tried to hit homeruns off a kid that was throwing 85. We were not patient enough to see if he could throw strikes. We were swinging at stuff that was not coming close to the plate. Our plate discipline yesterday was not very good. When they are pitching like that, like Kirby and Camden, you have to swing for base hits not home runs. That's what they want you to do. Pop it up. That's what we did. Everyone thinks when they see slow pitching that you can destroy it but when the pitcher is not generating power it is harder to hit it out.

Yup, great summary. For 2+ times in the batting order, we played right into his hands.

Our hitters were geared up for the other guy; unable to make the adjustment.

Reactions: greasemachine

Not real sure how you can disagree. You can try to explain WHY, but the fact is the Vols scored 1 run in 9 innings against UGA’s bullpen.

Plus we probably had a ton of data/analytics on the starter and zero on the guy who replaced him.

Who is UGA pitching today?

I like our chances with the Beamer + Burns. If we can minimize the contributions from first base guy and connor freakin tate, the remaining cast doesn't have too much pop.

Plus we probably had a ton of data/analytics on the starter and zero on the guy who replaced him.

And, he pitched great.

Seen that happen many many times over the years. You got to park unsure if you're even going to play. Someone is a no show, or early injury, and the coach throws you into the fire. You've had a stress free night of sleep without a care in the world, your body relaxes, brain is sharp, and you play great.

Let's see if we can play ball without blaming the umpire for everything today yesterday was a bad day and yes the umpire was all over the place but surely The batters would have made adjustments after a couple of at bats.But it's not just our fan base any message board of any team that loses always has an official as scapegoats it's somewhat comical.Today Beam should do what he has been doing and dominate the hitters should get back on track and light up the scoreboard.Go Vols

I completely agree. But....some of our "chasing" was directly attributable to the calls blue was giving him. I counted at least three strikeouts that occurred by us chasing one high and out of the zone directly after blue gave the guy a strike one or two that was high and outside the zone.

The homer Doe gave up came on a ball down the middle, yeah sure he shouldn't have ever put it there, but it came right after a beautiful strike that painted the corner but blue kept his mouth shut and forced Doe to throw a better pitch. Sure would have been nice if he hadn't given the junk-baller from Ga such a nice zone.

Yes, yes I am. I'm absolutely saying home plate blue gave Ga the win yesterday. In a 3-1 game of baseball, you better believe his inconsistency was directly responsible for some of their runs and some of our lack thereof.

But that's baseball. I welcome the robo-zone even though I'm a purist.

Just because you have success does make you great. It just means you had a great day. My statement was their bullpen is not really good. That is fact. Even they say that. You can argue facts but that is just arguing.

Just because you have success does make you great. It just means you had a great day. My statement was their bullpen is not really good. That is fact. Even they say that. You can argue facts but that is just arguing.
My point is only about the data on the guy who pitched. We probably had very little if any, which in today's game is an advantage for them.

It may not happen, but I expect we will have much success vs their pitching today. Because yeah, they are not good.

Still can’t argue with the success they had last night. They held UT offense to one run… that’s good regardless of how you might try to justify it

I’m not really sure how the game was EVER played before data and analytics on the pitchers
You aren’t the GA fan that I was sitting next to yesterday? He hollered “Bonnie and Clyde” a couple of times and I had no clue what he was referring to…. 😀

Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back