The Official Tennessee @ UGA Series Thread (Fri. 5/5 6PM EST) (Sat. 5/6 2PM EST) (Sun. 5/7 1PM EST) All games on SEC NETWORK+

Honestly, random baseball bs.

As you said earlier stats don’t lie. We’ve faced pretty much the best of who the SEC has to offer. Yes, they are all bringing their A game, schedule played out brutal, I get all that.

You gotta go take it sometimes, this year’s team doesn’t seem to have that yet. It’s a question not a fact there’s time, but…

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
We’re 2-10 on the road. Why do you think that’s the case?
If you lumped that into series, we should lose on the road and hope to not get swept. That would be 4-8. We’re only under performing by 2 games with that Standard.

Reactions: vol66
As you said earlier stats don’t lie. We’ve faced pretty much the best of who the SEC has to offer. Yes, they are all bringing their A game, schedule played out brutal, I get all that.

You gotta go take it sometimes, this year’s team doesn’t seem to have that yet. It’s a question not a fact there’s time, but…
If we lose this series, so be it, we’re a so so team.

I know I don't qualify as a baseball expert just a huge Vols fan, but if you think about it, that weirdness opening in AZ with the Maui situation and the weird Mizzou series account for fully half of our road losses. I would feel better if we'd won one game at Arky. But if we win tomorrow (which I think we will) we take a road series. And we get one more chance in Columbia. I do understand what you're getting at: I did think we were going to rise up tonight and take the game from them late. Let's just win tomorrow.

Last edited:
I know I don't qualify as a baseball expert just a huge Vols fan, but if you think about it, that weirdness opening in AZ with the Maui situation and the weird Mizzou series account for fully half of our road losses. I would feel better if we'd won one game at Arky. But if we win tomorrow (which I think we will) we take a road series. And we get one more chance in Columbia. I do understand what you're getting at: I did think we were going to rise up tonight and take the game from them late. Let's just win tomorrow.

Fair. I also realize we got swept at Mizzou, first SEC weekend and I am very much “don’t live and die” with every pitch. That was then., this is now.

It took us a while to settle in, given all that was replaced, understandable. Lots has transpired since then.

The attitude we have at home doesn’t seem to translate to the road and I’m simply asking what y’all think?

This team is filling big shoes, that’s not lost on me.

It's a combination of a lot of things.

That Mizzu series was a long time ago and the team has come a long way since then but the record still remains. I highly doubt we drop 3 at Mizzu right now.

Game 2 at Ga, we struck out way too much without any timely hits. When we did hit the ball hard it was right at someone. The 9th inning was a prime example. Hit the ball hard and got doubled up then follow it up with another hit. Frustrating.

Road schedule has not been tough but it's the rodeo of the SEC.

I guess, I would rather win at home for the hometown crowd. Atleast until it counts in the playoffs.

Reactions: vol66
Chris Burke said before SEC play began that this young team will play much better at LNS. It’s the comfort of playing at home, familiar surroundings, etc. Plus, playing at LSU & Arkansas has a lot to do with it. I think they win series at GA today and at SC in 2 weeks.

Reactions: vol66 and gnm53108

VN Store

Back