The Official Tennessee vs. #2 Oregon Game Thread, 3:30pm ET(09/14/13), ABC

I love Butch Jones. We all better hope he succeeds cause if he doesn't we're going to be down at least 10 more years. We may never come back.

dooley didn't have the number 2 recruiting class in the country. When we get good players, then we can compete with teams that are number 2 in the country, too.

That said, we need a new quarterback.
1. recruiting is not over, just like this game was not over in the first quarter
2. I am pulling for CBJ, I am tired of teams like ND and UCLA and Texas AM and USC east all able to turn it around fairly quickly with less assets.
3. Given enough time and money most average coaches could improve our situation.
Lets stop the hero worship until we beat a real contender.

Can't start a thread yet, but I'm curious to ask anyone that went to the game what the noise level was at the start of the game when it was still interesting compared to what they claimed.

1. recruiting is not over, just like this game was not over in the first quarter
2. I am pulling for CBJ, I am tired of teams like ND and UCLA and Texas AM and USC east all able to turn it around fairly quickly with less assets.
3. Given enough time and money most average coaches could improve our situation.
Lets stop the hero worship until we beat a real contender.[/QUOT

None of the teams mentioned turned anything around quickly

I KNEW we were outmatched and out skilled in every position. I KNEW we were going to get our butts handed to us, BUT NOT in that way. I have been listening to sports talk and Dave Hooker and every beat writer saying Butch Jones this and Butch Jones that, how great he is at making adjustments. BUT I feel like we took a HUGE step backwards and there is NOTHING positive to take away from this. Or am I the only one. I still like CBJ and think he is good, but this was a really big step back for the entire program.

Reactions: 1 person
I KNEW we were outmatched and out skilled in every position. I KNEW we were going to get our butts handed to us, BUT NOT in that way. I have been listening to sports talk and Dave Hooker and every beat writer saying Butch Jones this and Butch Jones that, how great he is at making adjustments. BUT I feel like we took a HUGE step backwards and there is NOTHING positive to take away from this. Or am I the only one. I still like CBJ and think he is good, but this was a really big step back for the entire program.

I don't think we took a huge step backwards but we desperately have to get our QB and WRs in sync. We can't beat anyone if all we can do is run. (Irony of ironies). Right now, we don't have a deep threat, only a run game.

Panic much?

No doubt we were terribly outmanned. Hopefully after playing a team with this much speed the game can slow down a little in for our defense.

I wouldn't be surprised if Peterman doesn't replace Worley very soon. He can hand the ball off, and appears to have better arm strength and accuracy. At least Peterman doesn't throw low, behind, and short of every receiver. He does have a tendency to throw a little high, but that may be some very simple mechanics.

VN Store

Back