The Official Tennessee vs Charlotte (Clemson Regional Final) Sun. 6/4 6PM EST ESPN+ Only

Yes. They update in real time. Penn won’t help Southern Miss in RPI.

Selection for supers has NOTHING to do with rpi. There is no s curve of 2 seeds. It is based on lodging, facilities, and revenue (guaranteed ticket sales by the bid hosts). The only advantage TN has is in lodging, but Hattiesburg has more than sufficient accommodations to handle the event. They’re a tradition rich program with a beautiful stadium and are above us in attendance this year. Our highest ever program attendance record wouldn’t even crack their top 10 list.

Lodging - Knoxville ✅
Facilities - USM ✅
Revenue - USM ✅
Politics - “anti sec” and retiring coach - USM ✅

Vols ✅
USM ✅✅✅

As I’ve said all week, won’t even be close. Vols need Penn to win. This decision would be made entirely by the ncaa committee who thought so highly of the Vols that they shipped us off to the #4 overall seed who had won 17 in a row and just clenched an ACC title. Any hope of Vols hosting in that scenario is just an illusion.

Last edited:
We were all frustrated when this team was 5-10 in the SEC, but after that Friday night come from behind Vandy win, this team has matured and created chemistry that they did not have the first part of the SEC season. That Clemson game that they gutted out last night really has me believing that the Vols can make Omaha, something I was vocal about them not making earlier in the season! GO VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back