The Official Tennessee vs Charlotte (Clemson Regional Final) Sun. 6/4 6PM EST ESPN+ Only

Selection for supers has NOTHING to do with rpi. There is no s curve of 2 seeds. It is based on lodging, facilities, and revenue (guaranteed ticket sales by the bid hosts). The only advantage TN has is in lodging, but Hattiesburg has more than sufficient accommodations to handle the event. They’re a tradition rich program with a beautiful stadium and are above us in attendance this year. Our highest ever program attendance record wouldn’t even crack their top 10 list.

Lodging - Knoxville ✅
Facilities - USM ✅
Revenue - USM ✅
Politics - “anti sec” and retiring coach - USM ✅

Vols ✅
USM ✅✅✅

As I’ve said all week, won’t even be close. Vols need Penn to win. This decision would be made entirely by the ncaa committee who thought so highly of the Vols that they shipped us off to the #4 overall seed who had won 17 in a row and just clenched an ACC title. Any hope of Vols hosting in that scenario is just an illusion.
“Politics” should be even more heavily weighted. The more SEC teams hosting Supers, the more likely we don’t if it’s Southern Miss…

Even more reason to cheer for SEC teams to lose (if any was needed).

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hats off to Clemson, Charlotte and Lipscomb, on a fine season. I know it’s completely different circumstances but I know how bad it hurts to have your season come to an end, especially Clemson, so I’m trying to be humble if any of their fans venture over to our wonderful site.

Last edited:
Hats off to Clemson, Charlotte and Lipscomb, on a fine season. I know it’s completely different circumstances but I know how bad it hurts to have you’re season come to an end, especially Clemson, so I’m trying to be humble if any of their fans venture over to our wonderful site.
Yes. Like I said last night, the NCAA thought they were shafting us sending us to Clemson. Turns out it was Clemson Getting the shaft. We beat them twice last night IMO.

to see how much this team has grown since February had been amazing. it has not been without its ups and downs but boy the future is sooo bright

That’s what I love about sports… especially college sports. Of course, sometimes it goes the other way.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hats off to Clemson, Charlotte and Lipscomb, on a fine season. I know it’s completely different circumstances but I know how bad it hurts to have you’re season come to an end, especially Clemson, so I’m trying to be humble if any of their fans venture over to our wonderful site.

Well said. That bases loaded 10th inning last night will haunt their dreams for years to come. No need to add to their woes.

VN Store

Back