The Official Tennessee vs Charlotte Regional Game Thread Friday 6PM EST ESPNU

Last pic is clearly intended for @txbo, especially since it’s our leading HR hitter

I'm old school. Wish he would move that right leg more forward. That is the traditional squaring around to bunt stance.

This business of right handers trying to bunt from normal hitting stance has failed us this year.

CTV...watch this

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I'm old school. Wish he would move that right leg more forward. That is the traditional squaring around to bunt stance.

This business of right handers trying to bunt from normal hitting stance has failed us this year.

CTV...watch this

That video should be reported as inappropriate for minors.

That approach gets you hit right in the chest in today's world. You can't get out of the way of the ball and your body response is to use the bat to protect yourself which is an attempt. That is why NOBODY who knows baseball teaches it today except for a sacrifice and very few teams sacrifice today, especially us. I've said it before. Fans are not going to change how Tony coaches hitting and the lack of bunting (good thing right txbo) or how Frank coaches no slide step. If fans cannot handle it, we need to find a new coaching staff or a new team to pull for.:eek:

That approach gets you hit right in the chest in today's world. You can't get out of the way of the ball and your body response is to use the bat to protect yourself which is an attempt. That is why NOBODY who knows baseball teaches it today except for a sacrifice and very few teams sacrifice today, especially us. I've said it before. Fans are not going to change how Tony coaches hitting and the lack of bunting (good thing right txbo) or how Frank coaches no slide step. If fans cannot handle it, we need to find a new coaching staff or a new team to pull for.:eek:
We had a coach that taught bunting well. The only orange you saw at a regional was in the stands.

The only time our right handers are bunting is for sacrifices and/or if we still have a squeeze play in our play book. They gotta be like one for fifty this year bunting. If they can't bunt sissy style, then square them up.

So what if you get hit in the chest? No worse then getting bell rung in football, or having Uros elbow your jaw in basketball.

Toughen up, buttercups.

1685722032123.png

Fighting COVID right now but hoping that the Vols come out “fired up, focused, and prepared” today.

It’s time for this team to shine. Vols need to hit early and often and generate runs.

Go Vols.

You............were around real people?

Didn't see that twist coming.

Reactions: Volstylexx
Fighting COVID right now but hoping that the Vols come out “fired up, focused, and prepared” today.

It’s time for this team to shine. Vols need to hit early and often and generate runs.

Go Vols.

Blame Old_TImer. I didn't even notice how bad our bunting was until he started using it as a prop bet. We average .3 successful bunts per game. And, those are by the left handers.

Without naming names, 2-3 of the right hander hitters look like they are trying to whack a moving rooster with a sling blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: patrick
I had Texas Tech (3 seed) as a potential dark horse in Gainesville. They are leading error prone UConn right now 1-0

Reactions: Volprofch05
I see Lexington has some of the same problems as Knoxville

Look at me! I bought good seats.
But I'm not going anyway

people don't do this crap for concerts! Why do they do it for sports?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back