The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of notes from last night’s game (sorry this is long). First, the Vols fought hard, and everyone of you should be proud as hell of those boys. One or two more hits, and we possibly have a different outcome.

The ump… Well, he was simply awful, and should never call another game again imo. The called strike in the top of the 8th was horrendous. However, he was consistently bad for both teams. There was a called strike to end the LSU 3rd (maybe 4th) that was just as bad as the call to end the Vol 8th. Those calls should never happen, especially on this stage. Simply awful.

Skenes… Well, he’s as advertised. He’s easily the best college pitcher I can ever recall seeing. I’m sure there was someone better, but I can’t think of who right now. I’m a little disappointed though, when reading through this thread, to see several people here making accusations that he’s using steroids. This board is a great place, which is why I like visiting. Good people, and many very knowledgeable of college baseball. So, it’s disappointing when I see baseless accusations like that. As well, there were several that said they have no respect for Skenes for leaving the AF academy (which is their right). However, for all the service academies, recruits/students to do not make the commitment to serve until their junior year. Skenes left before that deadline with the blessings and encouragement from the academy. As a future high profile MLB player, he will still be able to promote the AF Academy in a positive manner, and I’m sure he will. Just an fyi.

When reading through this thread, I couldn’t believe the amount of people who gave up on the Vols so quickly last night. Unbelievable really. 1-0 in the 2nd, and several here thought the game was over. Honestly, I think I’m a bigger Vol fan than many here. I have the utmost respect for this team, and no one…I mean NO ONE, better sleep on them.
The Vols are easily the best set up team (especially from a pitching standpoint) to come back through the losers bracket and make the final. And I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if they do just that.

Best of luck tomorrow Vol nation! I wish you all well!
After yesterday's performance by some "fans" on this thread, I'd be ok if they entered the transfer portal.

Couple of notes from last night’s game (sorry this is long). First, the Vols fought hard, and everyone of you should be proud as hell of those boys. One or two more hits, and we possibly have a different outcome.

The ump… Well, he was simply awful, and should never call another game again imo. The called strike in the top of the 8th was horrendous. However, he was consistently bad for both teams. There was a called strike to end the LSU 3rd (maybe 4th) that was just as bad as the call to end the Vol 8th. Those calls should never happen, especially on this stage. Simply awful.

Skenes… Well, he’s as advertised. He’s easily the best college pitcher I can ever recall seeing. I’m sure there was someone better, but I can’t think of who right now. I’m a little disappointed though, when reading through this thread, to see several people here making accusations that he’s using steroids. This board is a great place, which is why I like visiting. Good people, and many very knowledgeable of college baseball. So, it’s disappointing when I see baseless accusations like that. As well, there were several that said they have no respect for Skenes for leaving the AF academy (which is their right). However, for all the service academies, recruits/students to do not make the commitment to serve until their junior year. Skenes left before that deadline with the blessings and encouragement from the academy. As a future high profile MLB player, he will still be able to promote the AF Academy in a positive manner, and I’m sure he will. Just an fyi.

When reading through this thread, I couldn’t believe the amount of people who gave up on the Vols so quickly last night. Unbelievable really. 1-0 in the 2nd, and several here thought the game was over. Honestly, I think I’m a bigger Vol fan than many here. I have the utmost respect for this team, and no one…I mean NO ONE, better sleep on them.
The Vols are easily the best set up team (especially from a pitching standpoint) to come back through the losers bracket and make the final. And I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if they do just that.

🧡

If you cant handle the dude is a strike out machine then you dont need to be reading post.
I had no problem with it. You clearly do. You are also clearly lacking intelligence, because you came back with a semi personal attack instead of a real intelligence response. Again got it. You reveal your character post by post.

I had no problem with it. You clearly do. You are also clearly lacking intelligence, because you came back with a semi personal attack instead of a real intelligence response. Again got it. You reveal your character post by post.
Character had nothing to do with pointing out and discussing the kind of season Ahuna has had. No one expected him to strike out so much. Its not a personal attack when you talk about his statistics. Personal would be talking about his looks or personality. I would never attack a player personally. But when you put on that uniform and play for UT your stats become the right of fans or media to discuss. Sorry you cant handle that.

How about that????

Great day for the Vols.

Now let's hope that Wake beats LSU.

I love another shot at LSU without Skeens.

Go Vols!!!!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Well @TigerMan , y’all got us this year. I’d say that I wish y’all the best the rest of the way, but I’d rather not be dishonest. But if… your team… does pull it off, I may at least feel a little happy for you (but probably not, and if so, you’ll definitely be the only one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back