The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to start tonight. Southern Miss will play this thing until 5am if needed, or until USM is ahead after 5+ innings. We cannot allow ourselves to get caught in a position where we're losing in any inning beyond the 4th. Then we put ourselves at the mercy of people I do not trust.
Yep. None of thos is accidental. They knew they could have gotten this one in earlier, but they waited. Not sure TV can dictate in situations like this, but I'm often wrong. Just like hosting, I would bet the farm that there's some vague rule or one they make up to use in this situation so that UT heads to Knoxville instead of Omaha. It's been clear since the beginning. Anybody but the Vols.

Here's what you're trying to post, found in Appendix H

Super Regional. Every reasonable effort, including but not limited to moving the location of the games, should be made to complete a super regional round and advance a team to the Men’s College World Series (MCWS) based on the results on the field.

However, in the highly unlikely event that super regional play cannot be completed, the team that will advance to the MCWS will be based on the following criteria: - 0 games played = Better seeded team. If two teams are of equal seed (e.g., two #2 seeds) then the team with the best RPI (calculated following completion of the regional competition) will advance to the Men’s College World Series.

- 1 game played = Winner of Game 1.

- 2 games played = Better seeded team. If two teams are of equal seed (e.g., two #2 seeds) then the team with the best RPI (calculated following completion of the regional competition) will advance to the Men’s College World Series

That is copied and pasted from that link, from this year.

If this game doesn't get played, then we move on. Period.

Here's what you're trying to post, found in Appendix H

Super Regional. Every reasonable effort, including but not limited to moving the location of the games, should be made to complete a super regional round and advance a team to the Men’s College World Series (MCWS) based on the results on the field.

However, in the highly unlikely event that super regional play cannot be completed, the team that will advance to the MCWS will be based on the following criteria: - 0 games played = Better seeded team. If two teams are of equal seed (e.g., two #2 seeds) then the team with the best RPI (calculated following completion of the regional competition) will advance to the Men’s College World Series.

- 1 game played = Winner of Game 1.

- 2 games played = Better seeded team. If two teams are of equal seed (e.g., two #2 seeds) then the team with the best RPI (calculated following completion of the regional competition) will advance to the Men’s College World Series

That is copied and pasted from that link, from this year.

If this game doesn't get played, then we move on. Period.
I think they were trying to show that they will use Tuesday to get the game played.

Yep. None of thos is accidental. They knew they could have gotten this one in earlier, but they waited. Not sure TV can dictate in situations like this, but I'm often wrong. Just like hosting, I would bet the farm that there's some vague rule or one they make up to use in this situation so that UT heads to Knoxville instead of Omaha. It's been clear since the beginning. Anybody but the Vols.
🤣. Yer really eat up with dem conspiracies… stay you Cavput… 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back