The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not, we will have to score more than 10 runs to win. They will continue to ht the pitching we have in here now.
You can't use your best arms in game 1 when you gotta win two anyway imo. If you use it up tonight gonna have hell having a chance in game 2 and possibly 3. I'm not sure right now if we score 5. We need to be hitting for contact. CMO needs to get on board and Amick stop making errors chip aeay

After 3 down by 5.
Tennessee scored 5 in the 8th and 9th against FSU

Also baseball is that unique sport with no regulated time limit compared to Hockey, Soccer, Basketball, Football, etc.

So I’m still hopeful the Vols can lift the heavy weight tonight if finding a way to comeback vs a formidable foe.

Reactions: MAD and davethevol
So you want to give up on this one? I haven't given up, but you can not stop trying to win this game. We just continue to make it very difficult.

No I’m not saying give up. I’m saying in the next few innings you have to evaluate how the game is going including how many you’re behind by. At some point you may have to make a decision about what arms you want to save for tomorrow and Monday. We’re not at that point right now, but I wouldn’t want to waste arms if I thought this game was unlikely to be in my favor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vols919
Real question for you guys that have been watching all season: why do we keep doing the bullpen games early in the weekend this late in the season? Seems like they always get beat up in the first inning and are playing behind the 8 ball. I’d think we want to get to Monday by any means necessary then figure it out from there. Just seems like we’re running a high risk of having an off night batting tomorrow and then watching someone else lift the trophy.

Real question for you guys that have been watching all season: why do we keep doing the bullpen games early in the weekend this late in the season? Seems like they always get beat up in the first inning and are playing behind the 8 ball. I’d think we want to get to Monday by any means necessary then figure it out from there. Just seems like we’re running a high risk of having an off night batting tomorrow and then watching someone else lift the trophy.
Stick with what got you here mentality. We don’t have a true ace. Our real Friday starter hasn’t played since his second start really. Lot of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back