The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short answer is it’s pretty much worked all season.
Seems to be consensus and makes sense. To me, this time of year just seems different. Survive with your best guys and then figure it out. Guess we kinda got screwed between Burns transferring and Russell getting hurt. We’d be unbeatable with either of them in the third spot here.

Reactions: firestorm
Real question for you guys that have been watching all season: why do we keep doing the bullpen games early in the weekend this late in the season? Seems like they always get beat up in the first inning and are playing behind the 8 ball. I’d think we want to get to Monday by any means necessary then figure it out from there. Just seems like we’re running a high risk of having an off night batting tomorrow and then watching someone else lift the trophy.
Stamps/Causey isn’t a bullpen game. Causey started the year as a starter. When Russell went down, Causey worked his way to the Friday starter. After a little tweaking, Causey got more comfortable coming in second. One reason we pull Stamos so early is because Causey is a quality pitcher.

Tldr version: we are doing what has worked and what the players like. It just didn’t work tonight.

I agree there. It's not just the umps but they have contributed to 2 runs directly on a bs strike 3 call that was missed. But yes we have to make plays and swing with a good approach
When your number of runs scored equals the number of errors from your defense, you don't win too many games. It's still early but just saying we have done nothing to help ourselves. At this point, you have to go take it and not depend on someone to give it to you.

If Causey comes back out, I think it will be the worst mistake of the Vitello era
Who do you want to come in? We are only in the T4th. We need a bullpen for tomorrow and Monday, if we we lose tonight.

It’s 7-2 and atm is hitting everything. I just think you stay w Causey and play the percentages. I’m not conceding tonight’s game but Tony must think ahead and has to like our chances Sun and Monday.

Reactions: TechnoVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back