The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 3 Thread (Mon. June 24 7PM EST) (ESPN)

This new era Vols hat I have has now become a priceless item because it’s the Vols item I was wearing when I saw the Tennessee Volunteers win their first National Championship in College Baseball while inside the ShadowLake Texas Roadhouse.

IMG_8351.jpeg

Dylan was deservedly the MVP, but Hunter had the two best plays of the tournament imo. His eye-black stayed on the wall the entire time. It was an omen. His ninja style somersault to tag home was the game winning run. Absolutely unreal. This team is beyond words.
Both those plays are reasons why we won. Absolutely.

Can we get a check in on the university of Arkansas fan base tonight? LOLOLOLOLOL
You mean the fans of that SEC school that has still never won the Men's College World Series?

Here's a stat for Piggie fans :

Since 2009, 7 different SEC schools have now won the Men's CWS. Those 7 SEC schools account for 10 of the 15 Men's CWS titles that have been won since 2009 (there wasn't a post-season in 2020 due to Covid).

However, Arkansas is not one of those 7 schools .... As uppity as Pig fans are when it comes to baseball, that must really chap their butts.

Last edited:
Dylan was deservedly the MVP, but Hunter had the two best plays of the tournament imo. His eye-black stayed on the wall the entire time. It was an omen. His ninja style somersault to tag home was the game winning run. Absolutely unreal. This team is beyond words.
You nailed it regarding Ensley.

While other (deserving) guys continued to get the most hype this year, Ensley just plugged away.

Then, to stay in the lineup after he smacked the wall, plus pull off the plays you mentioned, he might be the guy I’ll remember best from this championship team, and certainly from the CWS!

You mean the fans of that SEC school that has still never won the Men's College World Series?

Here's a stat for Piggie fans :

Since 2009, 7 different SEC schools have now won the Men's CWS. Those 7 SEC schools account for 9 of the 15 Men's CWS titles that have been won since 2009 (there wasn't a post-season in 2020 due to Covid).

However, Arkansas is not one of those 7 schools .... As uppity as Pig fans are when it comes to baseball, that must really chap their butts.
If they could catch a pop foul they'd have a title. They couldn't so they don't. It's their own fault.

Reactions: 508mikey
That was an awesome series, with an even better conclusion. Admittedly, baseball is not my favorite sport to watch (typically), but watching the ebb and flow of two heavyweights duking it out like that for three games (and with the final one ending as it did), I'm not sure any author or screenwriter could've written a better storyline than what we saw come together in Omaha. The Vols battled through the highest of highs and the lowest of lows with skill and ability, as well as confidence in that skill and ability.

The good guys emerged victorious, as they should've, but A&M definitely deserved to be there as well. Great competition, great series. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back