The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 3 Thread (Mon. June 24 7PM EST) (ESPN)

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier. I'm obviously not in a position to question the coaching, but I'm curious why, after K. Connell pitched so well and cleaned up in the 8th, why he didn't start the 9th inning? What was the strategy to change pitchers to start the 9th?

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier. I'm obviously not in a position to question the coaching, but I'm curious why, after K. Connell pitched so well and cleaned up in the 8th, why he didn't start the 9th inning? What was the strategy to change pitchers to start the 9th?
Why worry about it? We won! Enjoy it!

Last edited:
Morning after….this is a team sport. We have a great coach who knows how to build, feed, grow, and bloom a TEAM. Loved the TEAM’s response to questions from media. I am gonna give SEC Network a shout out and ESPN+. Very good coverage and I didnt lose my stream last night. 2024 Football TEAM Get ready. 2025 BASEBALL TEAM…get ready. Ditto all Tennesseee sports TEAMS.

Morning after….this is a team sport. We have a great coach who knows how to build, feed, grow, and bloom a TEAM. Loved the TEAM’s response to questions from media. I am gonna give SEC Network a shout out and ESPN+. Very good coverage and I didnt lose my stream last night. 2024 Football TEAM Get ready. 2025 BASEBALL TEAM…get ready. Ditto all Tennessee sports TEAMS.

what an age we live in to be able to be able to see as many televised games as we do.....

Matchups the coaches have all the data . They know what has worked and hopefully it works again. Don't always work but it's there educated philosophy. It worked be happy Championship coaching.

How ‘Bout Dem Vols!!!!!

Big congrats to our Basevols fans and to all Vols everywhere !!!

What an amazing season and accomplishment!!!

WhooooHooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

A Coaching decision likely based on the top of A&M order coming up.

Great that we won the Natty, but giving up unearned runs is not the way to continue to win tight ball games. We were fortunate to win last night with the way our infield defense played.
Well, there are not any more games to win. We are the champions as Queen once sang

Truth is this was a pressure packed game and both teams had choking moments. I do think we should have won by more

Reactions: Jimmy Football
You would have thought that by now the SEC office would have updated their SEC Baseball Championship history page but no. I mean just how darn hard is it to stay current. If we could clone Danny White, he could fix the mess in Birmingham, as Commissioner.

1719322259293.png

VN Store

Back