The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 3 Thread (Mon. June 24 7PM EST) (ESPN)

Larry Pratt. Grew up in Athens. Graduated from UT College of Business. Is the owner of the largest mortgage company in Washington DC. Has donated millions to the UT Athletic Dept (e.g., Pratt Pavilion, or whatever it's called now.) I'd suspect he's the one who bought the skybox for the series so all the UT bigwigs had a place to watch and hangout.
Someone should do trading cards of all the heavy donors

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was standing on the side of the street at Market Square yesterday where the guys got out of the trucks after the ride down Gay St. Hunter could barely step over the tailgate and had to be helped down. Truly a warrior.
Hunter's run home was pure adrenaline. There is no way he should have been able to do that.

Hunter's run home was pure adrenaline. There is no way he should have been able to do that.
And will now live on forever after that nasty juke he put on the catcher.

Him playing center field after crashing into the wall was also pure adrenaline. Unless he drinks more Mountain Dew than a 13 year old boy!

Sorry, tried uploading my video but no matter how much I clipped it, the file was too large for the server. Here are a few frames from the video. It's pretty obvious he couldn't lift his right leg over the tailgate. Got an assist from a rather large officer providing security.

Attachments

• VID_20240625_185410989_exported_1903.jpg
    VID_20240625_185410989_exported_1903.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 47
  • VID_20240625_185410989_exported_3767.jpg
    VID_20240625_185410989_exported_3767.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 46
  • VID_20240625_185410989_exported_4766.jpg
    VID_20240625_185410989_exported_4766.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 46
Great memories from a great triumph. Hey greasemachine will you still be attending games next season ? I want to think you again for the tickets last year. We had a lot of elderly situations this year and couldn't leave town. Hopefully we will be able to go next season . GBO and I know how proud of Zander everyone is !!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I just want to say how blessed we are to have been able to watch this team, and how blessed we are as Vol fans right now. We've been able to watch this team, full of great guys and winners, and also have been able to watch the basketball team and football teams do well with some really memorable players and moments.

I just want to say how blessed we are to have been able to watch this team, and how blessed we are as Vol fans right now. We've been able to watch this team, full of great guys and winners, and also have been able to watch the basketball team and football teams do well with some really memorable players and moments.
Don’t take it for granted. It’s not like that everywhere and it won’t last forever here. Celebrate the wins and realize during the losses that they are young adults entertaining us .

CTV was interviewed by Basilio (I just posted in a separate thread), CTV said that Hunter had an MRI. He gutted it out big time in Omaha after becoming injured. Kid gave his all and VFL!

If Reggie Jackson is Mr. October . Dylan Dreiling has to be known as Mr. June from this point forward.
Game 1: 2 run homer in the 7th
Game 2: 2 run homer in the 7th
Game 3: 2 run homer in the 7th
13of 24 CWS .542BA

CBWS: Most Outstanding Player
Newest Vol Legend
🍊⚾🍊

I love it for DD because all year long I thought he was sort of overlooked because we had so much star power on the team. And I don’t think he cared in the least because of his workman-like attitude. So great to see him be acknowledged for his great play even though he didn’t seek out the spotlight.

For Spanish readers.
Vamos Vols!

L’équipe de Robin Villeneuve remporte la « Série mondiale des Collèges américains 2024 »!​

Les nôtres dans les universités et collèges américains
IMG_8848.jpeg

Mirabel, Québec, le 24 juin 2024 - Wow! L'équipe de baseball de l'Université du Tennessee, celle pour laquelle s'aligne le Québécois Robin Villeneuve, a remporté les grands honneurs de la « Série mondiale des collèges américains » ce soir!

La troupe du Tennessee a signé une victoire de 6-5 sur leurs rivaux de l'Université Texas A&M dans l'ultime rencontre de la série finale 2-de-3!

Malheureusement pour le baseballeur gatinois, il n'a pas pris part à la dernière rencontre de la saison… Mais il a célébré avec beaucoup d'émotion la victoire de son équipe.

Rappelons que la saison dernière, Villeneuve a participé à la Série mondiale de la première division de la NJCAA sans toutefois que son équipe, la troupe du Collège Weatherford du Texas, ne remporte les grands honneurs!

Reactions: EasternVol
For Spanish readers.
Vamos Vols!

L’équipe de Robin Villeneuve remporte la « Série mondiale des Collèges américains 2024 »!​

Les nôtres dans les universités et collèges américains
View attachment 655085

Mirabel, Québec, le 24 juin 2024 - Wow! L'équipe de baseball de l'Université du Tennessee, celle pour laquelle s'aligne le Québécois Robin Villeneuve, a remporté les grands honneurs de la « Série mondiale des collèges américains » ce soir!

La troupe du Tennessee a signé une victoire de 6-5 sur leurs rivaux de l'Université Texas A&M dans l'ultime rencontre de la série finale 2-de-3!

Malheureusement pour le baseballeur gatinois, il n'a pas pris part à la dernière rencontre de la saison… Mais il a célébré avec beaucoup d'émotion la victoire de son équipe.

Rappelons que la saison dernière, Villeneuve a participé à la Série mondiale de la première division de la NJCAA sans toutefois que son équipe, la troupe du Collège Weatherford du Texas, ne remporte les grands honneurs!
🤣🤣🤣🤙🏼

Reactions: Orange. and MAD
Larry Pratt. Grew up in Athens. Graduated from UT College of Business. Is the owner of the largest mortgage company in Washington DC. Has donated millions to the UT Athletic Dept (e.g., Pratt Pavilion, or whatever it's called now.) I'd suspect he's the one who bought the skybox for the series so all the UT bigwigs had a place to watch and hangout.
Thanks for helping put a face to Pratt homes. Do you also happen to have a picture of DR Horton as I’m looking to punch both those guys in the mouth for the carnage they’ve brought to my community with their cut rate ****** developments. Guess the consolation prize is UT athletics benefits from it.

Thanks for helping put a face to Pratt homes. Do you also happen to have a picture of DR Horton as I’m looking to punch both those guys in the mouth for the carnage they’ve brought to my community with their cut rate ****** developments. Guess the consolation prize is UT athletics benefits from it.
Sorry, haven’t checked the thread in several days. I believe the Pratt you are talking about relative to housing developments is someone else. Larry Pratt doesn’t have anything to do with Pratt homes.

VN Store

Back