The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 3 Thread (Mon. June 24 7PM EST) (ESPN)

They are a cult following for sure. Who the hell thinks blowing bubbles at a baseball game is intimidating. I must admit their ball 5 chant is funny as hell. Has to be annoying as hell for the pitcher. Wonder what’s the highest number they’ve got to with their ball chant?
They can't count much higher than 5.

Pretty hard to win a baseball game giving up 5 runs in the third inning, 17 strikeouts, and the multiple fielding errors.
Also the offense being very anemic for 6 innings because 2 runs.
They pitched really well in the first game. Have to give them that. We’ll need to score against good pitching tonight.

After watching both games I would say that we lost the first one mainly due to fielding errors and really weird hops of the ball. Most of their runs were after an error or one of those pop-up off the pitchers mound freak incidences. In the second game, no errors, no weird ball hops, and we really shut them out with the exception of one early pitch. If we play an errorless game today, I think we have the advantage. And a big shout out to the players making the A&M pitchers have to really work to get them out. Its one thing to strike out. It's another to strike out after making the pitcher have to throw 10 to 15 times.
I think if we can play error free/almost error free and not have any weird bounces, while generating some runs, we pull this off... Yesterday was a good indicator as to what we should do playing solid defense.

They are an odd bunch over there at College Station. I had direct line of sight of their yell squad or whatever it is called last year in Neyland. It was... interesting.
They're called "yell leaders" because Aggies don't cheer; they yell. This is a very, very old tradition (1907), and almost always, yell leaders are members of the Corps of Cadets.

Can we talk about how terrible the home plate ump was?
Tennessee AND Texas A&M both deserved better, because that guy was horrible!!
@VolPack22 who do we see about getting those robo-umps in play?
He was so damn short he couldn’t see over the catchers. Both fan bases at the game were going nuts about him

Now what Tennessee has going for it is that it’s hard being a Texas coach. Gotta be a politician to deal with the boosters
Arrrgh, that's an ugly truth. (But I'm guessing that "Money talks while baloney walks" is true for most teams.)

Given their shared history, I think that Vitello and Schlossnagle are probably having a great time and hope to beat the pants off each other tonight!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They pitched really well in the first game. Have to give them that. We’ll need to score against good pitching tonight.
Yes, the starter has pitched well his last two outings. don’t be surprised to see the closer for the AGS for 9 outs if they are leading going into the 7th. They don’t realize that Zander is on a roll and pitching with extreme confidence. I like our chances tonight.

He was so damn short he couldn’t see over the catchers. Both fan bases at the game were going nuts about him
I noticed during the game he did not move over more to get a clear view in the alley so to speak. You could barely see his facemask at times. Hell, he might have been scared getting hit with a Cortez zinger. His fastball run was off the charts. He will be in the MLB soon as a closer I would think.

Arrrgh, that's an ugly truth. (But I'm guessing that "Money talks while baloney walks" is true for most teams.)

Given their shared history, I think that Vitello and Schlossnagle are probably having a great time and hope to beat the pants off each other tonight!
Hope for a win tonight and then a healthy pay bump for your coaching staff. Don’t have to beat Texas just be somewhat near it

Technology is available to get ball/strike calls correct and being used in the minor leagues. Robo umps behind the plate are coming to ball parks in college soon. I personally don’t like it, I enjoy an occasional good argument between coach and an umpire.

Balls and strikes will for sure be caked by computer sometime soon. Have a friend who works for the St Louis Cardinals in the office and it will happen. Will need to be negotiated with players Union

Some programs are focused on playing for championships in June. Some programs are focused on how they can fire their coach in the trolliest way possible in June.

It’s great being the former.
A@M hates Texas. Since they are a so called agricultural and mechanical engineering school of excellence they think all the dumb a$$es go to Texas.

They're called "yell leaders" because Aggies don't cheer; they yell. This is a very, very old tradition (1907), and almost always, yell leaders are members of the Corps of Cadets.
I don’t care what your reason or excuse is.. It is and will always be the gayest **** ever seen in college sports and I’m speaking for a lot of people with that statement.

Pure abomination and you all should be embarrassed

VN Store

Back