The Official UNC @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 2 Thread (Sun. June 16) (7PM EST) (ESPN2)

I shared this in another thread but will put here as well. Have a great day and GBO!!!!

Let's enjoy this Father's Day and if you are blessed to have a dad, be a dad, or have someone in you life that took on that role, let's have a great day and enjoy that!

Tonight we get to watch our favorite team try to get one step closer to the ultimate goal.

Happy Father's Day and GBO!!!!

I think that the higher seed will always be the Home Team in the CWS Format. Rule may have be changed in 2023. A Coin Flip is dumb as it makes no sense.

The Vols will probably not be the home team in the next game they play. They will probably have been the home team more times than any of the teams they could face,

Edited to add - the rules have been posted in this forum several times. You can clearly see they are based on giving ALL teams a chance to be a home team.

My magical powers are 50% on a coin flip chance if one gets it right and 25% chance for both choices being right without the stats. I don't know where I read that it was that the lowest seed holds home until the Final through to the CWS Final.
if equal in the number of times as H/V and different in seeds, the higher seeds will be home. FL is lower seed and is equal in H/V to NC State so they will be V against NC State. I think the national seeding only comes into play during the first round games after that we follow their complicated formula to determine.

Reactions: volfan102455
I’m working Sunday as a dishwasher crew member.
While this highly anticipated game might not have as many runs as the Tennessee Florida State game, it’s still likely to be a thrilling competitive game.

Reactions: P.O.T.S. VOL
Making a commitment now to not post in this thread on Sunday night so my anxiety riddled thoughts don’t bring down the mood.

JUST WIN BABY! GO DAMN VOLS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Anxiety posts are allowed in my book. It’s a coping mechanism so I don’t ruin my marriage! We all love the Vols and are proud of them despite the bad plays that frustrate us within a game.

Making a commitment now to not post in this thread on Sunday night so my anxiety riddled thoughts don’t bring down the mood.

JUST WIN BABY! GO DAMN VOLS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Don’t jinx us, you keep being you!!! You haven’t been one of the crazies, that go off the rail, in the game threads.👍

Reactions: WillisWG
Anxiety posts are allowed in my book. It’s a coping mechanism so I don’t ruin my marriage! We all love the Vols and are proud of them despite the bad plays that frustrate us within a game.
Exactly, my wife does not want to hear it. Which I thank her for, because I care way too deeply about sports outcomes. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I didn’t care and what I could accomplish not watching every Vol sport under the sun. Then I crack a beer and laugh at how stupid that sounded.

The Vols will probably not be the home team in the next game they play. They will probably have been the home team more times than any of the teams they could face,

Edited to add - the rules have been posted in this forum several times. You can clearly see they are based on giving ALL teams a chance to be a home team.
I’m in a location w/o FB access. R we having the VolWalk at 2:45?

It’s still spring season except feels like a common summer day because 90 degrees, sunny, and hot.

View attachment 649386

Just remembered this from Friday. My friend is a FSU fan, but never watched a second of baseball in his life until then. It’s funny how second nature something as simple as a sac fly is to us but none of it really makes sense to someone new to it.
Reading that exchange gave me Forrest Whitaker eye.

IMG_7856.jpeg

VN Store

Back