***The Official US Open Thread***

It's not exactly a unique opinion. Supposedly the player opinion vs the public perception of Tiger and Phil are the exact opposite.

There was a great article written this week. Can't remember who, but it discussed that impression. Summarily, the majority of public opinion is based off misinformation or one comment or action, and not based on the overall actions of the man.
Other golfers talking about how arrogant he was 20 years ago is a joke. So what he was/is cocky at times. You play golf. The game is full of arrogance and cockiness. Who cares.
Most people that hate on him are probably jealous of the silver spoon life he has had. That doesn't affect me.

I've heard most players hate both of them.

Players hating mickelson came from the guys on the tour when he came in when he was in his 20's and they thought he was cocky.
That was almost 20 years ago. Some of you need to put up the members only jackets away. This isn't the 90's.

There was a great article written this week. Can't remember who, but it discussed that impression. Summarily, the majority of public opinion is based off misinformation or one comment or action, and not based on the overall actions of the man.
Other golfers talking about how arrogant he was 20 years ago is a joke. So what he was/is cocky at times. You play golf. The game is full of arrogance and cockiness. Who cares.
Most people that hate on him are probably jealous of the silver spoon life he has had. That doesn't affect me.

I recall an incident maybe 8 yrs ago. Mickelson was in a playoff with someone. They both drove into the woods and so both were going to take a drop. But a spectator went in, looked, and found Mickelson's ball, which was in jail. Mickelson just started absolutely screaming at the guy.

Reactions: 1 person
Players hating mickelson came from the guys on the tour when he came in when he was in his 20's and they thought he was cocky.
That was almost 20 years ago. Some of you need to put up the members only jackets away. This isn't the 90's.

First of all .... Members Only was the 80s.

Secondly, the guy just has a phony facade about him and an ego. He could be a great guy, but the anecdotes are out there.

I recall an incident maybe 8 yrs ago. Mickelson was in a playoff with someone. They both drove into the woods and so both were going to take a drop. But a spectator went in, looked, and found Mickelson's ball, which was in jail. Mickelson just started absolutely screaming at the guy.

I remember that well.

I'm getting the feeling Lefty is going to leave disappointed once again; lots of golf left but he sure isn't getting any breaks.

VN Store

Back