The Official Vandy @ #1 Tennessee SEC Tourney Game 1 Thread (Wed. May 22 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

I’ve always hated how they do the format for the first 2 rounds. After the first round the top seed should get the lowest remaining seed and so forth. So you have Texas A&M as the 4 seed but if Ole Miss wins they get rewarded with having to play the 12 while the top seed in the tournament is stuck playing 8 or 9. Same thing with Kentucky and Arkansas, if LSU and South Carolina win they would get lower seeds also. Never made any sense to me. The lower seeds are suppose to have the most difficult path to a championship and the way that it is set up is not that.

I’ve always hated how they do the format for the first 2 rounds. After the first round the top seed should get the lowest remaining seed and so forth. So you have Texas A&M as the 4 seed but if Ole Miss wins they get rewarded with having to play the 12 while the top seed in the tournament is stuck playing 8 or 9. Same thing with Kentucky and Arkansas, if LSU and South Carolina win they would get lower seeds also. Never made any sense to me. The lower seeds are suppose to have the most difficult path to a championship and the way that it is set up is not that.
You have to realize it is gump math and they only have 10 fingers and 10 toes. Any thing that happens in Alabama will not make sense to 99.9% of the free world.

If I had to guess we will see the midweek rotation on Wednesday, and then the regular rotation starting Thursday. You want to keep your guys in their normal routine. You have to win 4 games to win this thing anyway so you don’t want to waste your best arms early and it would be ideal to just go 4-0 with an off day on Friday. With the news of Russell coming back I assume he will be pitching Wednesday so he can hopefully eat up some innings and give them some help. Worst case you lose Game 1 and have to play Texas A&M/Mississippi State/Ole Miss on Thursday in the Loser’s bracket and have to play an extra game on Friday. We would have to play one of those teams win or lose anyways. I would rather pitch our normal rotation versus throwing our Thursday/Friday guys on a Wednesday and getting them out of whack.

Wait so they lost, and some how it’s USCs fault? Only Kentucky fans… I’m sure this is their first year following baseball, but I know it has to kill them that they ended up co-champs to their daddy (in every sport), especially after losing at home to daddy. They know in their hearts they’re actually #2.

The SEC has the most confusing conference tournament format. It’s been “explained” on here before and it didn’t make sense to me then and still doesn’t make sense to me now.

Wait so they lost, and some how it’s USCs fault? Only Kentucky fans… I’m sure this is their first year following baseball, but I know it has to kill them that they ended up co-champs to their daddy (in every sport), especially after losing at home to daddy. They know in their hearts they’re actually #2.
We’re a basketball school! Nope, Tennessee took that from you.

We’re a football school now! Nope, Tennessee took that from you too.

Wait, we’re a baseball school now!?!? Nope, Tennessee wanted you to think that and ripped your hearts out.

The SEC has the most confusing conference tournament format. It’s been “explained” on here before and it didn’t make sense to me then and still doesn’t make sense to me now.
Well next year they are going no divisions since Texas and Oklahoma are coming, and the entire tournament will include every team in the conference but every round will be single elimination to accommodate that. So get prepared for it to change lol

VN Store

Back