The Official Vandy @ #1 Tennessee SEC Tourney Game 1 Thread (Wed. May 22 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

I’d be very surprised if Kentucky won it, I don’t believe they have the pitching depth to win 4+ games in Hoover.
They don’t have the pitching depth. They can win maybe 2 games but by the time the 3rd game rolls around they will be out of pitching. Starting with their 5th SEC series against Auburn they have given up 8.67 runs/game in Game 3 of their series. Not coincidentally, they are 3-3 in those games and you can probably guess which ones they won.

8 vs Auburn
13 vs Tennessee
10 vs South Carolina
4 vs Arkansas
5 vs Florida
12 vs Vanderbilt

To be honest the poster is correct. South Carolina is a worthless ACC school. Really outside of women’s basketball more of a mediocre/top tier SoCon/Sunbelt school.
They have won to championships in baseball… how many we won?

To be honest the poster is correct. South Carolina is a worthless ACC school. Really outside of women’s basketball more of a mediocre/top tier SoCon/Sunbelt school.
Not sure what that makes Kentucky… Kentucky and South Carolina are basically the same, just spelled different. South Carolina used to be elite at baseball, Kentucky used to be elite at basketball. That’s pretty much all they’ve got.

8 tracks… a couple I had were Jim Croce and Brownsville Station. 🤣
I also remember betting Beta vs VHS. 🤙🏼🎥 Eventually bought a converter.
My aunt had a powder blue Pinto, with an 8 track.
I was a little guy and she was maybe 18-19, but would let me hang out with her and I thought it was the best thing ever!
Sorry to get off topic, I just had a nostalgic trip down memory lane.
Carry on...

I’ve always hated how they do the format for the first 2 rounds. After the first round the top seed should get the lowest remaining seed and so forth. So you have Texas A&M as the 4 seed but if Ole Miss wins they get rewarded with having to play the 12 while the top seed in the tournament is stuck playing 8 or 9. Same thing with Kentucky and Arkansas, if LSU and South Carolina win they would get lower seeds also. Never made any sense to me. The lower seeds are suppose to have the most difficult path to a championship and the way that it is set up is not that.
I would agree with you if this were any other run of the mill conference, but being the toughest and deepest conference in all of sports, there’s usually not a lot of separation between 4 or 5-8 or 9, IMO.

VN Store

Back