The Official Vandy @ #1 Tennessee SEC Tourney Game 1 Thread (Wed. May 22 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK)

We depart for Hoover Monday morning & will be there all week, every game. It's become a tradition for us. Our seats in Section EE Row 3, behind 3rd base dugout.
We're your counterparts in E Row 3 on the first base side. Unfortunately I've got some obligations the first part of the week and won't be there until Thursday AM (father-in-law's 80th birthday party Wednesday night - who has a birthday during tournament week, anyway?). 😜

The SEC has the most confusing conference tournament format. It’s been “explained” on here before and it didn’t make sense to me then and still doesn’t make sense to me now.

The SEC's isn't perfect, but the ASUNs looks like something a travel ball dad cooked up while on pharmaceutical grade hallucinogens.

8 tracks… a couple I had were Jim Croce and Brownsville Station. 🤣
I also remember betting Beta vs VHS. 🤙🏼🎥 Eventually bought a converter.
In 1974, I had a Jimi Hendrix 8-track which my mischievous roommate over-recorded with Phoebe Snow. Imagine my ire when I played it on my trip to Nashville.

Vitello said AJ Russell will pitch in Hoover.
I told ya'll. Tony and I already discussed it and agreed he would pitch in Hoover. We are probably gonna have him start the first game. (Tony and I nodded at each other as he was leaving Saturday and I talked life with his dad in the parking lot.) I have had a lot more conversations with Coach Dadddy V than Tony. But I still think he will start Wednesday with a limited pitch count and try to get the win so that Thursday can be the regular rotation.

I told ya'll. Tony and I already discussed it and agreed he would pitch in Hoover. We are probably gonna have him start the first game. (Tony and I nodded at each other as he was leaving Saturday and I talked life with his dad in the parking lot.) I have had a lot more conversations with Coach Dadddy V than Tony. But I still think he will start Wednesday with a limited pitch count and try to get the win so that Thursday can be the regular rotation.
You do more than hold up walls. Not much more, but more. ;)

I remember not too long ago sitting here reading these threads and watching folks try to figure out some kind of a path for the Vols to even MAKE IT to Hoover.
Now, I sit here watching these threads, knowing that Hoover doesn’t even matter that much anymore, because the Vols are sitting atop the mountain and will be in the NCAAT no matter what.
Man, I gotta tell y’all- that feels goooooood 👍

I remember not too long ago sitting here reading these threads and watching folks try to figure out some kind of a path for the Vols to even MAKE IT to Hoover.
Now, I sit here watching these threads, knowing that Hoover doesn’t even matter that much anymore, because the Vols are sitting atop the mountain and will be in the NCAAT no matter what.
Man, I gotta tell y’all- that feels goooooood 👍
And we never even made it. I remember we made it when I was 11, but the next time they made it it was 20 or 21 lol. 2008-2017 or something crazy like that iirc.

VN Store

Back