The Official Zone Severe Weather Thread

Last night in the dark they heard bangs and loud popping sounds, and I think they assumed a total breach....but it may just have been teh floodgate breaking. Looks like she's holding on by a thread.

GYkYiCoXEAAYs7S.jpg

I stayed up kinda late listening to cocke county sheriffs office on broadcastify. To see if there was any new news. Was pretty heart breaking honestly they had a couple of boats out fishing out victims..or rather they were looking for several victims from cars that had gone in. They found one female deceased, but never found the others. You could hear the exasperation in their voices....a lot of the police and fire rescue etc are at their wits end, it's been a rough 24-48 hours for them, and they know many rivers won't hit max until later today.

Reactions: JustFunnN'Orange
Well we just tried to go to Brevard for the wedding. We had not heard from family there since yesterday. We made it to Asheville, but were turned around due to flooding. Made it to Hendersonville, but turned around due to trees down. Could not find any open roads to Brevard.

We learned that one was able to make a call this morning, but otherwise they have no power or cell service - I was reading tower damage and they can't get to the towers because of road issues we were having. They are going to still try to do the ceremony if they can get ahold of the officiant, but otherwise wedding is not happening.

We are pivoting and hopefully making it to our next stop to enjoy our long birthday weekend.

Well we just tried to go to Brevard for the wedding. We had not heard from family there since yesterday. We made it to Asheville, but were turned around due to flooding. Made it to Hendersonville, but turned around due to trees down. Could not find any open roads to Brevard.

We learned that one was able to make a call this morning, but otherwise they have no power or cell service - I was reading tower damage and they can't get to the towers because of road issues we were having. They are going to still try to do the ceremony if they can get ahold of the officiant, but otherwise wedding is not happening.

We are pivoting and hopefully making it to our next stop to enjoy our long birthday weekend.
Prayers for friends and family there

I hope they're okay, and happy coming birthday

We are now in the GA mountains for the night. Moving to TN for the next three nights. The destruction we saw in NC made Kevin anxious about going through GA after all the times we had to turn around. It looks like a minor rain storm went through GA in comparison.
I'm still surprised how little it done here. Blairsville? There, and Hiawassee are the only mountain tiwns I've been to.

VN Store

Back