The old ball coach????

ROCKYTOP365

I would like to know why he is still considered in the top five SEC coaches in the league. I know he did alot Florida but he has not done much at S. Carolina maybe just the talent level or maybe he has lost the touch. I know he is a great coach and player we let get away but maybe he has lost his touch since coming back from the pros i would love to hear what you guys think .

And it's a helluva lot harder to convince "talent" to come to Columbia Souf Cackolack than Gainesville Fla.

If you want to know how good a coach Spurrier still is, watch that 2006 game against Florida again. He made Urban Meyer look stupid in that one. Carolina had no business even being in that game, yet it took three blocked kicks for the national champions to beat the Cocks by a point.

He was good as a Cocky coach in '05 when he beat his alma mater.

I would like to know why he is still considered in the top five SEC coaches in the league. I know he did alot Florida but he has not done much at S. Carolina maybe just the talent level or maybe he has lost the touch. I know he is a great coach and player we let get away but maybe he has lost his touch since coming back from the pros i would love to hear what you guys think .

He's done about as good as you can expect at that ratnest in Columbia. They went 100 years before they won their first bowl game. He's been able to play Tennessee off their feet all three years he's been there, managed to put together 3 consecutive none-losing seasons, and did all of that with essentially no QB to speak of.

I would still take Spurrier over Fulmer in a NY minute.

He's still ahead of Fulmer on my list given the head-to-head record and the six SEC Championships (Fulmer will never touch that). I think it's harder to recruit at SC than it may have been a few years ago because Clemson has been on the rise, a couple of the NC schools are improving in terms of recruiting, and UGA has been doing well. Lots of competition for recruits in that neck of the woods. That said, I could see SC getting in the mix for the East in the next few years if they get a couple of breaks.

Ras is right....did I just say that...

When and if he finds a QB the rest of the SEC will be put on notice.

Could you imagine the hatred for UT if we had Spurrier as HC. Peop;e already hate us. That would be awesome!!!!

who was it that always used to say that the only reason he won the hiesman was because all the good black athletes were away at war...?? anybody remember?

Bueller?

He is the # 1 coach in the SEC in my opinion. It's all about the talent. He can get more out of a qb than anyone and he is not afraid to go straight at you and make you look like a fool trying to figure out his play calling and schemes. He's one cocky rascal but he's earned it.

Spurrier hasn't forgot how to coach. His talent level is getting better and he'll find a qb eventually. I hope he retires first. Maybe another crappy season will convince him. We'll never have him coach here phil is rooted in deeper than a hickory tree. Spurrier doesn't like to recruit. That would be a big problem here considering how far and wide we have to search for recruits. He is a good coach but the sec is full of them now. Everyone except les miles. I refuse to call him a good coach. More like a guy that got handed the keys to a ferrari and all you got to do is push the gas.

I love how people make excuses for him. He no longer has the fire. Proof is he isn't even calling his plays this year. Les Miles get's no credit because he is at LSU and many of you on this thread say that anyone could win there because of the talent. Yet the great one gets all the credit in the world for coaching one of if not the most talent laden states.

Is SOS a very good coach and better than Miles? Of course but both won at schools where the states are LOADED with talent. And dont give me the LSU is the only school crap. There is more than enough talent in FL for all the big schools there and many left over. Check UT roster over the years.

Fulmer is a better recruiter than Spurrier. When he was at Fla. he probably didn't put over a 1,000 miles on his car during recruiting season.

Spurrier hasn't forgot how to coach. His talent level is getting better and he'll find a qb eventually. I hope he retires first. Maybe another crappy season will convince him. We'll never have him coach here phil is rooted in deeper than a hickory tree. Spurrier doesn't like to recruit. That would be a big problem here considering how far and wide we have to search for recruits. He is a good coach but the sec is full of them now. Everyone except les miles. I refuse to call him a good coach. More like a guy that got handed the keys to a ferrari and all you got to do is push the gas.

He will not retire before his contract is up. If he does he will have to say good bye to Augusta. And for those who dont know you cannot buy your way into that place. It's a huge deal. Trust me.

I love how people make excuses for him. He no longer has the fire. Proof is he isn't even calling his plays this year. Les Miles get's no credit because he is at LSU and many of you on this thread say that anyone could win there because of the talent. Yet the great one gets all the credit in the world for coaching one of if not the most talent laden states.

Is SOS a very good coach and better than Miles? Of course but both won at schools where the states are LOADED with talent. And dont give me the LSU is the only school crap. There is more than enough talent in FL for all the big schools there and many left over. Check UT roster over the years.

Spurrier won an ACC title at Duke... end of thread.

the greatest of coaches will always tell you it takes having the best talent to win...

He is the # 1 coach in the SEC in my opinion. It's all about the talent. He can get more out of a qb than anyone and he is not afraid to go straight at you and make you look like a fool trying to figure out his play calling and schemes. He's one cocky rascal but he's earned it.
I agree.

Old saying, "You can't win the Kentucky Derby riding a jackass."

VN Store

Back