The old ball coach????

He's still ahead of Fulmer on my list given the head-to-head record and the six SEC Championships (Fulmer will never touch that). I think it's harder to recruit at SC than it may have been a few years ago because Clemson has been on the rise, a couple of the NC schools are improving in terms of recruiting, and UGA has been doing well. Lots of competition for recruits in that neck of the woods. That said, I could see SC getting in the mix for the East in the next few years if they get a couple of breaks.

Do SEC East Championships not count for anything these days? Ha! Ha!

I'm guessing you just refuse to recognize the fact that South Carolina is not the easiest place to recruit to...that or you live under a rock. Not taking anything away from Miles, but until he dominates the conference in the same way SOS did, he is no where NEAR even comparable to Spurrier. Deal with it.

I don't know if you've looked but UT has the same in-state and geographical limitations that USC does plus all of the hatred that comes with being UT. USC is looked down on but UT is flat out hated by a lot of our rivals. That hatred is due to our rich winning history which is one of the only reasons that we recruit better than USCe. The other reason is that Fulmer is a class act and a master recruiter. Neither can be said for Spurrier.

"Spurrier and CPF have one...Richt has 0...Tubbs has 0...and Croom...:birgits_giggle:...you are too funny."

We all know that Tubberville deserved a NC in 2004. Richt has turned UGA into a perennial top 25 team, has won the SEC and has a great winning percentage. Sly Croom has done as much in his few short years at Miss St. as Spurrier has at USCe. Croom is also one of the most loved and respected coaches in the SEC among players. Any of those guys can bring in a top recruiting class. Spurrier is a master play caller but any of the previously mentioned coaches bring things to the table and can/have hired great coordinators. I didn't say that they would outcoach him head to head. My statement is that I would never want UT to stoop to Spurrier's level to win when we could have as much or nearly as much success with a classier guy. This is still college athletics and the head coach represents the university. Spurrier is definitely a COCK and represents you well.

I'm guessing you just refuse to recognize the fact that South Carolina is not the easiest place to recruit to...that or you live under a rock. Not taking anything away from Miles, but until he dominates the conference in the same way SOS did, he is no where NEAR even comparable to Spurrier. Deal with it.

I don't know if you've looked but UT has the same in-state and geographical limitations that USC does plus all of the hatred that comes with being UT. USC is looked down on but UT is flat out hated by a lot of our rivals. That hatred is due to our rich winning history which is one of the only reasons that we recruit better than USCe. The other reason is that Fulmer is a class act and a master recruiter. Neither can be said for Spurrier.

"Spurrier and CPF have one...Richt has 0...Tubbs has 0...and Croom...:birgits_giggle:...you are too funny."

We all know that Tubberville deserved a NC in 2004. Richt has turned UGA into a perennial top 25 team, has won the SEC and has a great winning percentage. Sly Croom has done as much in his few short years at Miss St. as Spurrier has at USCe. Croom is also one of the most loved and respected coaches in the SEC among players. Any of those guys can bring in a top recruiting class. Spurrier is a master play caller but any of the previously mentioned coaches bring things to the table and can/have hired great coordinators. I didn't say that they would outcoach him head to head. My statement is that I would never want UT to stoop to Spurrier's level to win when we could have as much or nearly as much success with a classier guy. This is still college athletics and the head coach represents the university. Spurrier is definitely a COCK and represents you well.

Fulmer is a great recruiter, yes, but what has he been doing with these "great" recruiting classes? He obviouly cannot develop talent and that is what matters. He has demonstrated that he cannot get the most out of his players. He has much better talent to work with the Spurrier, yet Spurrier manages to give your "class act" all he wants with inferior talent. No, you hate SOS because he tells things like they are and doesn't sugarcoat them like your "class act." I'll stick with Spurrier.

As far as the limitations...

Are you serious? Your state is like two or three times the size of SC and you have to compete with Vandy and Memphis....thats a joke. Our limitations are much tougher then the ones UT has. Granted...CPF is a better recruiter. Then again, when SOS knows how to get the most out of mediocre talent...maybe he can be succesful bringing in three and four stars. At any rate...I'll take SOS at Carolina anyday before I would take CPF.

VN Store

Back