The Review from Section Q

YankeeVol

Raised a Yank, Born a Vol
1. No penalties, no penalties, NO PENALTIES. Not even from the backups. Great discipline.

2. Worley's throws were often behind. That's not gonna work against most opponents. There were a few balls that still should have been caught.

3. The running game was excellent. Summerhill had some nice runs in the 4th quarter.

4. The secondary is worrying. Wasn't that impressed. Depth is an issue on both sides of the ball.

5. I love the shutout. Tackling could have been a little better.

Overall: B+

Reactions: 6 people
Special teams coverage is concerning. Guess that's what you were partly alluding to in mentioning tacking

Reactions: 2 people
just got home from work...missed it all....did Fergy or Dobbs play at all? Did Peterman not score at all?

1. No penalties, no penalties, NO PENALTIES. Not even from the backups. Great discipline.

2. Worley's throws were often behind. That's not gonna work against most opponents. There were a few balls that still should have been caught.

3. The running game was excellent. Summerhill had some nice runs in the 4th quarter.

4. The secondary is worrying. Wasn't that impressed. Depth is an issue on both sides of the ball.

5. I love the shutout. Tackling could have been a little better.

Overall: B+

Agree with much of this...the tackling looked pretty poor at times.

hmmm...well im guessing with game in hand Peterman didn't get many pass attempts. I'm watching the Western Ky game now to see what's in store. Surely a much better test next week, but from all accounts the effort is there.

I'd give it a C, partly because AP is awful and partly because we couldn't score in the second half. By the time our 2nd and 3rd teamers get in, we may be on the AP level of talent, although not in experience.

Depth is our biggest issue and Worley's lack of timing is a concern considering Peterman looked awful.

Reactions: 7 people
Considering the competition I'd rate the total performance a C and no more. Next week against WK, we may have our hands full...we'll see

Reactions: 1 person
Worley made the right reads but wasn't accurate.....even with very little pressure.

Depth is lacking big time.

Front 7 on defense looked good. Again, depth is an issue.

Very disciplined team.

Worley doesnt have the wheels to run the read option. Hes gonna get hurt running out there trying to throw blocks. Oregon will give us a good idea how hard these guys will play for CBJ. Im afraid were not very good though and its gonna be tough to make a bowl game.

Both our running backs scored in the first five minutes of the game. I'll sleep good tonight and worry about some stuff tomorrow.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back