The Review from Section Q

Every year UF starts out with only beating a MAC team by 10-17 points and everyone thinks that they are going to suck, but everyone is actually wrong and they end up winning 10+ games.

I'm not suggesting that UT will win 10 games, but I am suggesting that some of you are jumping to conclusions way way too fast as usual.

If I remember my coach speak correctly - teams makes the biggest improvement from game 1 to game 2 . . .:yes:

This game tells us NOTHING. Take nothing away from this game. Next week will tell us a little. The Oregon game will tell us A LOT.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

TN played well. Areas if concern. Distance throws by Worley. He was off and arm strength a concern. Secondary is a concern to me. As the schedule gets tougher these 2 areas could cause terrible consequences. Go vols ..
Solution...
Worley stay with short passes screens etc. Better get pressure on teams with good qtb and passing effenciencies is all I can say.. go vols...

review from the 20 yard line

Off - passing game very VERY vanilla. the only creativity was the Brenden Downs TD catch. North is a beast period and which ever qb builds chemistry with him will be the man because North is a game changer that will require a safety over the top towards the end of the year. Pig Howard in the slot is a nightmare for opposing defenses. The OL was good as advertised the reason there was not a lot of second level blocking is because the second level came to them on run blitzes. Tiny and Stone on a couple occasions threw (yes threw) the AP Dlinemen out of the way and steam rolled the oncoming blitzing LB. Neal and Lane are going to have a good year look for Lane to get more carrys if he stays healthy.

Def - Night and day difference guys knew exactly were to be and what was going on and played much faster. The faster UT gets a couple of corners to step it up the faster this def will be top 5 in the SEC. There are some good prospects and will receive their baptism by fire over the next two weeks.

Special teams - kicking game was better but sure that Parlardy may be a better punter than kicker. Coverage teams need to play with controlled emotion

Coaching - This team was well prepared and developing depth was a priority about half way thru second quarter

It is just Austin Peay but it was refreshing seeing a team ready and wanting to play hard GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back