GC24V4UWoAAhbU9

SEC finished 4-1 against the Big 10 in bowl games

#9 Missouri beat #7 Ohio State 14-3
#11 Ole Miss beat #10 Penn State 38-25
#13 LSU beat unranked Wisconsin 35-31
#21 TN beat #17 Iowa 35-0
#4 Alabama lost to #1 Michigan 20-27 in OT

SEC outscored their Big 10 opponents 142-86
You forgot that Auburn got curb stomped by Maryland with a backup quarterback.

Reactions: EZE
I agree Big 10 is over-rated. Outside of OSU and MI, not sure any Big 10 team could win an SEC game. But the bowl games are a poor reflection of what those teams were in the regular season.
Penn St. is about equal to UK.

PSU got beat by Ol Miss. Wisconsin also lost to LSU.
With opt-outs and transfers, I don't know how much you can judge a team by a bowl appearance.

the SEC should have 10 or 11 in bowl games. there are a crap load of bowls now. just need to be .500 to get into one and in some cases below .500.

The Big 10 will get a much needed infusion of football talent next year. It will rival the SEC for the best football conference and we should get some awfully good games. The exception is Ohio State. Even with all those PAC teams coming in, OSU only got one, Oregon. Their non conference schedule gets Marshall, Western Mich and Akron. Mich game is in Columbus. They are a candidate for being over ranked next yr

I kinda wish Oregon State had gone to the Big, just so they could claim to be THE OSU.

Even with Michigan beating Bama last night, I still think the Big 10 is overall fraudulent. Even the top Big 10 teams (Michigan, OSU, Penn State) could easily be 9-3/8-4 playing an SEC schedule.
If Tennessee were in the Big 10, 8 wins would be the floor every year. Some of our worst teams would’ve still won 8 games.

Everybody on the planet knows that the SEC is the best conference in football it’s a no brainer so comparing conferences is just rediculous. We’re located in 3 of the 4 hottest recruiting beds in the nation . Your team in that conference is only as good as the coach you hire. PERIOD!
For OSU and Mich to compete with the SEC is ten times harder. Cudos to them. Put any of those teams in the SEC their recruiting will go off the charts. That’s a fact.

I know the SEC had a "down" year by their standards although one has to wonder what would have happened had Georgia been given a spot in the CFP.

SEC only had 9 teams make bowl games which is lower than usual but the top of the SEC showed out, minus Bama losing in overtime.

However the B10 clearly had a worse year than the SEC despite having 3 teams consistently ranked in the top 10. Nothing proved that more than the existence of Iowa in the Citrus Bowl. How in the world that team ever made it to the B10 championship game is beyond me. I know they didn't have to play OSU or UM in the regular season and got shut out by PSU but it shows how utterly weak the rest of the B10 was if Iowa was the "best of the rest".

OSU and PSU predictably lost to SEC teams and I'd say all in all that the B10 was down way more than the SEC was.
Georgia has to be disappointed. No reason they should have lost to Alabama and would have definitely beat Michigan in my opinion. With that said I am glad they are at home

Most of those teams are built for cold weather games in the middle of November. These teams aren't built that way. You have to cover the entire field against these teams down here. Not the case up there.

If Tennessee were in the Big 10, 8 wins would be the floor every year. Some of our worst teams would’ve still won 8 games.
Dude if we were in the Bigten we would not be getting a lot of the players we get. Hard for those teams to stock pile talent , it just is . OSU and Mich do the best they can.

IMO the conference structure are mirror images.

Each conference has two top dogs (UGA/Bama) (Mich/OSU) Mich beat Bama this year. You won’t convince me otherwise that OSU beats UGA last year if MHJ doesn’t get knocked out of the game.

Each conference has different teams popping up for the 3rd and 4th best teams from year to year. This is where SEC typically wins the lean.

And as all conferences across the nation the mid to bottom teams are capable of winning/losing but you get about 1 good upset a year.

The SEC bottom is = to BIG 10 bottom.
The BIG10 top is = to SEC top.
SEC middle > BIG 10 middle.

That’s where the gap lives and separates itself Imo.

This is exactly what is wrong with college football today. The bowl teams can be decimated by opt-outs and the portal. Changing the portal dates can be a big help.
Before the bowl games began, there had to be tons of threads where everyone agreed the bowls today have no real meaning because of the op-outs and portal , but here we all are, along with all the pundits, comparing one conference to another, trying to rate the conference based on win-loss and other stats. I totally agree that what we have today is ruining the bowl games and something needs to be changed. For as long as college football has been around, going to a bowl game was the prize you played for the entire year for almost 95% of all college programs and today they have become a joke ( see Florida St )

Reactions: Vol1976
Bama benefited from SEC officiating all year. All it got the league was an undeserving team in the CFP that got their ass beat by a team that tried every way to give them the game.

There, I said it.

The Big 10 will get a much needed infusion of football talent next year. It will rival the SEC for the best football conference and we should get some awfully good games. The exception is Ohio State. Even with all those PAC teams coming in, OSU only got one, Oregon. Their non conference schedule gets Marshall, Western Mich and Akron. Mich game is in Columbus. They are a candidate for being over ranked next yr

Well you had it right and you should have stopped with "awfully". OSU has been given pass for years. They like to brag about Penn State, you see what happened to Penn State in the bowl game, and I can't stand James Franklin (what an azz), formerly of Vanderbilt. When OSu plays a real team they get their azz handed to them. If I'm not mistaken UCLA & USC is joining their conference too. Well, hopefully they will teach (BIG10) them how to play football.

Reactions: Vol1976
Bama benefited from SEC officiating all year. All it got the league was an undeserving team in the CFP that got their ass beat by a team that tried every way to give them the game.

There, I said it.
Right you are. Guess Bama couldn't pay the officials enough in the Michigan game. It's been embarrassing all year to see the officials not calling any penalties on Bama. Also, it sure looked to me like the officials were not calling any on Washington too, which I thought was strange. Lots of missed calls in that game but penalties sure seemed lopsided to me. Even though I was pulling for Texas, they had their chances, but was really surprised at how TX couldn't get to the Washington QB and he was the real deal. I just can't see how Washington can lose against Michigan unless they have a bazillion turnovers. Go Huskies!

the SEC should have 10 or 11 in bowl games. there are a crap load of bowls now. just need to be .500 to get into one and in some cases below .500.
If you're below .500 and get into a bowl game you receive the "Champion of Life" certificate signed by Butch Jones. LOL.

Reactions: OldLofter
Ultimately, I think conference pride is garbage and I hate every team in the SEC. The only question is how much.

However, the Big 10 stans and those who argue the two leagues are the same are just delusional. In the last 50 years, the SEC has won 21 national championships. The Big Ten has won 3. The Big 10 talks the talk, SEC walks the walk.

And it seems like every NFL draft, the SEC has on average like 20 more players taken than the Big 10. I think last year the SEC had 63 picks and the Big Ten had 42, something like that. The vast majority of the football talent in this country is in the South and anyone who would deny that is just ignorant.

The only advantage the Big 10 has currently is a bigger TV contract and probably a higher quantity of fans because the Northeast teams are all garbage, so they root for the big Midwest teams: Michigan, OSU, Penn State, Notre Dame (who’s a Big Ten team in everything but name), etc. But winning football games is mostly about talent and the Big 10 is lacking in comparison. Ohio State could definitely hold their own against the big boys in the SEC because their instate talent is legit, but the rest? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Well you had it right and you should have stopped with "awfully". OSU has been given pass for years. They like to brag about Penn State, you see what happened to Penn State in the bowl game, and I can't stand James Franklin (what an azz), formerly of Vanderbilt. When OSu plays a real team they get their azz handed to them. If I'm not mistaken UCLA & USC is joining their conference too. Well, hopefully they will teach (BIG10) them how to play football.

The clearest indication of how top heavy the Big 10 has become is that three of the new west coast additions automatically become among the top 5-6 in the conference, with UCLA being better than most of the rest. Texas will be among the best in the SEC in all likelihood, but Oklahoma is on the second tier right now with Ole Miss and UT. They won't alter the power structure of the SEC to the degree that Washington, Oregon, and probably USC will in the Big 10.

I told my wife that I hoped that Michigan would beat Alabama, and Washington would beat Texas. Two for two there. I also said I hope Washington wins the whole thing. One wish to go.
I put the same post essentially. Monday at 4:59pm. Told my wife why i wanted bammer to lose. That was easy. Then beat cheating harbaugh and film it and give him a copy....our wives may have talked I don't know..Ha!

Reactions: bigorangepoppa
PSU got beat by Ol Miss. Wisconsin also lost to LSU.
With opt-outs and transfers, I don't know how much you can judge a team by a bowl appearance.

Everybody has opt-outs and transfers. Better programs generally still win the games.

The B1G has won in the game that mattered the most and now a B1G team and a FUTURE B1G team are playing for the championship. SEC and Sankey can shutup and sit down. No waving SEC flag this year.

VN Store

Back