The Soft Bigotry of...you know, the thing...

Vol8188

revolUTion in the air!

Attachments

• 83DA6EE3-3824-443C-9B17-E3C4C07F9440.jpeg
    83DA6EE3-3824-443C-9B17-E3C4C07F9440.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 71
Does anything exemplify the soft bigotry of low expectations more than the Washington Post’s belief that black people don’t know their social security number’s?

We should start a thread full of things the left believes black people to be incapable. Using the internet, knowing their social security number, etc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/04/06/colorado-voting-laws-vs-georgia/?outputType=amp
It is what happens when you have liberals who perpetuate the myth that black people are fragile and victims of "systemic racism and white supremacy" and can't function for themselves, even in simple day to day normal actions that people of every other race have no issue with doing themselves.

Dems treat black people as pets to be coddled and scare them every election cycle with myths of neo nazis, white racism and scary killer police officers in order to get votes in numbers that no other subset of group ever vote, and it works every single time. It's really sad

It is what happens when you have liberals who perpetuate the myth that black people are fragile and victims of "systemic racism and white supremacy" and can't function for themselves, even in simple day to day normal actions that people of every other race have no issue with doing themselves.

Dems treat black people as pets to be coddled and scare them every election cycle with myths of neo nazis, white racism and scary killer police officers in order to get votes in numbers that no other subset of group ever vote, and it works every single time. It's really sad
Well if loother is right, black people vote overwhelmingly for those Dems. Those same Dems that have been making the same promises year after year after year... Therefore, they are being treated the way they want.

Does anything exemplify the soft bigotry of low expectations more than the Washington Post’s belief that black people don’t know their social security number’s?

We should start a thread full of things the left believes black people to be incapable. Using the internet, knowing their social security number, etc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/04/06/colorado-voting-laws-vs-georgia/?outputType=amp

You're really reaching here. The quote doesn't espouse a belief of the WaPo and it's not about "knowing" your SS#. Just a big old fail all around, OP.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Well if loother is right, black people vote overwhelmingly for those Dems. Those same Dems that have been making the same promises year after year after year... Therefore, they are being treated the way they want.

Yes, an end to all racism and inherent systemic inequality was promised by the Dems by January 31 and they have failed.

Therefore, stop trying.

You're really reaching here. The quote doesn't espouse a belief of the WaPo and it's not about "knowing" your SS#. Just a big old fail all around, OP.

I agree. I shouldn’t have stated the Washington post is claiming that. But if it’s not about knowing your SS# then please tell me what I’m missing?

Does it not say you must have either your DL # or SS# and that this will disenfranchise black voters?

So if they know their social security number, how are they being disenfranchised by this?

Reactions: AM64
I agree. I shouldn’t have stated the Washington post is claiming that. But if it’s not about knowing your SS# then please tell me what I’m missing?

Does it not say you must have either your DL # or SS# and that this will disenfranchise black voters?

So if they know their social security number, how are they being disenfranchised by this?

It's about having a form of ID that confirms the SS#.

I got caught up on the part where it says CO requires ID and you're talking about the part that talks about GA. My mistake.

Fair enough. Can we agree they are pretending as if black American’s are less likely to know their social security number? Which is disgusting.

Edit: I’ll add that if there really is any valid voter suppression within the bill, I’d be honestly interested in seeing it. That’s why I read this Washington Post article to begin with.

Fair enough. Can we agree they are pretending as if black American’s are less likely to know their social security number? Which is disgusting.

IDK what you mean by pretending. Disgusting? Not if it's based on data. Are you really that sensitive about race?

IDK what you mean by pretending. Disgusting? Not if it's based on data. Are you really that sensitive about race?

You believe data suggest black people are less likely to know their social security number?

You believe data suggest black people are less likely to know their social security number?

I don't know what they're basing it on. This isn't about my beliefs. It's about what they said.

Personally, I would guess that poor people are less likely to have a valid ID and are probably less likely to know their SS#, and certain minorities are disproportionately poor. It's not racist to think poverty is the underlying cause of the issue.

I don't know what they're basing it on. This isn't about my beliefs. It's about what they said.

Personally, I would guess that poor people are less likely to have a valid ID and are probably less likely to know their SS#, and certain minorities are disproportionately poor. It's not racist to think poverty is the underlying cause of the issue.

Lmfao. Idk what level of poverty you have to achieve to be incapable of memorizing the last 4 of your social (the form doesn’t even require the full number).

Lmfao. Idk what level of poverty you have to achieve to be incapable of memorizing the last 4 of your social (the form doesn’t even require the full number).

Nobody said anything about anybody being incapable.

Do you think everybody knows their SS#? Seems likely that out of 350m people, there are some who do not. Would you bet that they are poor or well-to-do?

Let’s be honest. They’re not basing it on anything. It’s a baseless claim that requiring 4 digits of your social=Jim crow on steroids. Or that it “disenfranchises black voters”

Nobody said anything about anybody being incapable.

Do you think everybody knows their SS#? Seems likely that out of 350m people, there are some who do not. Would you bet that they are poor or well-to-do?

I think if you don’t know 4 digits of your social or have a dl, or another form of ID, then we are probably better off without your ballot.

Reactions: allvol123 and AM64

VN Store

Back